Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about buying a 93 sentra se-r. but it has 205 thousand on it. i mean this will be my first real car so i wont have it for long but i know the car and i know its performance. the guy just replaced the clutch, and if he fixes the 5th gear, hes going to sell it to me for 1000. he also put on a custom air box, adn the thing sounds and runs better than ever, what should i do?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
has the car been used for long distance country driving or stop-start city driving? long distance driving is generally better so dont worry about the big ks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
durden said:
im thinking about buying a 93 sentra se-r. but it has 205 thousand on it. i mean this will be my first real car so i wont have it for long but i know the car and i know its performance. the guy just replaced the clutch, and if he fixes the 5th gear, hes going to sell it to me for 1000. he also put on a custom air box, adn the thing sounds and runs better than ever, what should i do?
Should keep going without a problem. I have a friend who bought a 91 Sentra SE-R with 330K miles on it. It still runs strun (well, I think he's got a problem with the tranny now but that's his own fault ;) And, if the engine goes, you can always find one CHEAP! If you don't buy it for $1K, let me know! I'll buy it myself as I'm in the market for another car

·
Registered
118 Posts
what i would do if i were in the same situation, id say go ahead and buy the car, then get yourself some sort of jdm engine, either det, ve, or just a regular jdm de.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I'd buy it if the interior and exterior were in decent shape, I wouldn't concern myself too much with the mechanicals. You still want a decent tranny and suspension, etc. You said it runs strong, so I'd just drive it until it craps and then do a swap. If you're worried about it's reliability, do a swap right off the bat. Why aren't you going to have it for long? If that's the case then why do you care if it will last?

·
Registered
15 Posts
BUY the Car!!!

I agree with our guys on this thread... so what if it has 200K. the engine is the best quality for a small compact car. It does not burn oil like those crazy honda. where are you going to find a 1k HONDA in decent shape and does not burn oil....
The SE-R has good torque with excellent A/C. You might do what I did, I bought my for 650 bucks with 130's on it. I replace every belts, hoses and gasket... additional 4 quart of Royal Purple or Redline. The car is awsome you will not regret owing an SE-R.
Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts