Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to start off by saying i am a tad scared because we have 50 guests in the 1.6L forum :jawdrop:

any who, as some may know i was in the CAI group buy and i just got it in today *does a small dance* but there is bad news.
-the rubber piece the connects to the throttle body has a pretty big diameter compaird to the throttle body, i got it tightend and i think its ok.
-i cant use any of my stock egr tubes because they are A. too small or B. form fitted and the new tubes or in a differant location
-the length from the throttle body to the very end of the maf is supper long! i have a black plastic MAF and it is about 4-5 inches long.
as it stands the WAI part of the kit makes the maf sit so far out that the plug BARLY makes it! and unless i cut the cold air part shorter there is no way i could attach it to the MAF. anyone else have this problem? way to fix it? do i have a differant MAF?

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Take the battery out and then try to align the cold air extension (the part going from the MAF to the wheel well). You'll need to splice the wires and extend them. I didn't do that on mine but the electrical connector barely reaches. Also you may need to open the hole next to your battery tray a little more.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know all of that about the hole and the battery was out. but i hadn't opened it up yet, i was just going to put the WAI part on and do the CAI when i had more time but it looks like i will just do it all in one day. maybe its just a tight fit and i need to do alittle adjustment. im guessing they take some "coxing" to go in? i.e. they dont slide nicely in place like a glove? lol

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
IIRC, mine was a tight fit as well, but they never gave me any problems.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about the rubber connector that goes onto the throttle body? was that tight? or was there alot of room around it and you just had to tighten the compressing ring down?mine has a good 1/4 all the way around but i can tighten it down really hard and it stays. but i worried that with that much slack there may be a kink some where and air could get through

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
i had to reroute my ground for the battery because of the intake. Also just try sliding the metal and MAF as far as you can towards the throttle body or the MAF might rub on the frame or it will be a harsh fit.
BTW if you bought a cai then i would take off oll the rubber/silicone connecters and check their width. my hotshot came w/ 3 different sized silicone things One was 3in (obviously the one for the extension) but i had trouble getting the one on the MAf until my friend pointed out that i needed to switch the other 2 connecters around. after that it was cake!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts