Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you people think of the synthetic blend of pennzoil? That's what the local place around me uses for oil. I was considering doing it myself, but that isn't really an option at this point in time...

·
0 Posts
Stay away from Pennzoil. It may be the cheapest--it may be the oil most service stations use the most, but it's the worst for your engine. Pennzoil has none of the additives to help keep your engine clean. Mobil1 and Valvoline do. I put Mobil1 Full Synthetic in my car about 1000 miles after I bought it--it ran WORLDS better. I would never allow Pennzoil to touch my baby. I'll look for the "Engine Oil Bible" and post the link when I find it. It shows legitimate studies on oils and oil filters. Basically, use OEM oil filter and Mobil1 oil.

Here's the study on oil filters.
http://ntpog.server101.com/reviews/filters/filters.shtml

When I find the one on engine oil, I'll post it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
LOL yup 93k and counting, the reason it's that high now is because i moved to a new apt. last oct. and i'm doing about 100 miles a day now from home to work. Back in oct. i only had about 77k on the old GA16DE...:D

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I've always use Valvoline. Don't know why, I just do.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oil is Oil---As Long as it is lubed it is ok..........Some oils may claim there additives are better but all oils have to pass a certain standard. I personally use Redline because my whole family uses them in there cars and my uncles drag---mustang and it never blew a engine yet. 2 years runnning-----and being pushed to its limits once ever month. But if you follow what is required in your owners manual you have nothing ro worry about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts