Nissan Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Right on. Top o' the line goodies. I can believe that plus I do know their cat back exhaust system is worth it. But you don't seem them mentioned too much even in peeps sigs, except maybe their kits. Ah well, if I ever get promoted to that upper class society ...

· Registered
272 Posts
I feel you on that Liu. But the manual is not that bad in traffic. Im down in Daygo and traffic can be pretty hectic. Even with my JWT Clutch, its not at all bad, but who likes to be stuck in traffic with a manual anyways? Granted an automatic does suck and that would be worth the swap to the SR20. But my 1.6 likes to pull hard in the higher RPMs and I love it, for now .... Good luck on finding what your looking for. Hopefully Dad wont say much, been in that situation before too when I brought up the motor swap idea. Got the whole spiel about needing all new mounts, axles and harnesses. I'd just wind up getting a new load. Peace out.

· DNE's VZR Conversion
9,780 Posts
yea.. everyone been tellin me to dont spend that much on gettin ur motor cuz it worth more than my car itself. haha.. but what can i say. i dont want a new car this Sentra is my 1st Japan car my parent ever gave me. all my others was a 84 SAAB ( POS ) and my moms subaru legacy wagon that a 92 . i loved my mom wagon cuz it powerful and manual. i have such fun with it back home in alaska. :p

· DNE's VZR Conversion
9,780 Posts
hehe.. thanx man.. i sure i be happy when my SR20DET is fully installed and running smoothly.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Personally

I've been warned to stay away from Stillen exhaust....someone told me that theirs rusted away after a couple of years.

· Registered
93 Posts
does GXE have a tach?

if you have a tach your a lot better of than a lot of other Sentra guys. if you have a manual your even better. the GA is so much better with a manual. with a manual it actually has decent performance.

· Administrator
4,421 Posts
Teknokid said:
Can we stay on topic here? Im sorry but no one has answered my question of where the GXE stands on the power scale. Which sentras are better, which are worse
Let's put it this way...

All 1.6L Sentras are about the same. The 5-speeds obviously have some advantage. Weight and options make some difference, but we're talking about relatively small differences.

Of the B14's (of which your car is one) the 200SX SE-R and 98-99 Sentra SE are the only models with the SR20DE 2.0L. These are the most powerful models.

If you want more information I suggest reading sentra.net and se-r.net.

· tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
my .2 cents

ok stillen as much as i like there product and have a few on my car the dont make it themselves 85% of there product is reboxed know that ive said that i feel relieved!!:rolleyes:

:eek:1.6 has little power but you can make it up like we all have been trying to. I have been arguing with manufacturers for a coule of years why they dont make enough products for us. The Honduhs had a 1.6 and 1.5 for the longest time before the put in that 2.0 motor and have a ton of more shit out. basically alot of these companies think that the sentra is grandmas car and it doesnt deserve to be suped up :mad:
but do to the few companies that have heard or cries we will soon be seeing more stuff! and if not there is always custom:D

· Sentra Flogger
134 Posts
take the sentra challenge...

as for the whole auto vs. manual debate, i've been torn for some time. but after doing some considerable research on the topic, there just may be some hope for those of us with "autotragics."

take a look at some of the threads about performance automatic transmissions, like the ones manufactured by level 10. with one of those puppies, you'll pull down the same results as if you were driving a manual. besides. it guarantees consistent quarter-mile times and no missed gears. it just might prove cheaper in the long run, too - no expensive, burned up clutches to replace, etc.

getting a performance automatic tranny is high on my "to do" list.

and to the thread starter, if you ever decide to go turbo, having an automatic transmission means the boost comes on strong all the way...

my little sentra thinks big. it might be auto, but it pulls hard and steady up the kellog interchange (an incline near where i live). if your auto is lagging that hard going up hill. click that little button on the gear shifter and turn the overdrive off. welcome to the land of high rpms...keep the faith, my fellow brothers and sisters.

· Boost anyone?
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Thanks for your answers. I know a little more about Sentras now that i read the engine file. It is really good. It could use an update though. Its about a year old. Who is the guy that wrote it anyway? Oh yeah by the way, i dont have an ATX, its stick. And I dont have a tach, which i really hate but I am looking for a really inexpensive tach. Not necessarily a 5" monster tach but maybe a 3 1/2" tach with a white face.

· Registered
316 Posts
I hate my 98 Nissan GXE. It is the biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. My Nissan has 40K miles on it and it sucks, sucks, sucks. I'm sure a se-r would be better but then again its still a low end nissan piece of shit. Sorry to break the news to you guys.

· Registered
981 Posts
jer28 said:
I hate my 98 Nissan GXE. It is the biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. My Nissan has 40K miles on it and it sucks, sucks, sucks. I'm sure a se-r would be better but then again its still a low end nissan piece of shit. Sorry to break the news to you guys.
where did this guy come from?:confused:

· Registered
1,634 Posts
I'd gladly take that POS from you if you dont mind...it better be free....considering its a POS. :p

· Registered
316 Posts
Yeah! okay, you take it. Free huh?

I don't think that they rolled this car off the assembly line, but tumbled it off the line instead. I would love to own a maxima, but the cash flow is just not there for me. So for now I will live with my lemon.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.