Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Sentra Flogger
134 Posts
worth it? i think so...

true, the ga16de motor powering the sentra isn't terribly fast, but it has potential.

just like the d-series (non-VTEC) motors in hondas, the ga16de responds well to tuning. and with the recent NPM articles about the 200SX project car build-up, turbo is fast-becoming a distinct and affordable possibility.

from what i've read -- in more than one publication -- the base 1.6 liter sentra responds much better to mods than its fellow honda equivalent. sure, this was a car meant to get groceries, not tickets, but there is quite a bit of power to be unleashed in that tiny engine.

i believe.

have a little faith and patience and you will be duly rewarded.

· Sentra Flogger
134 Posts
take the sentra challenge...

as for the whole auto vs. manual debate, i've been torn for some time. but after doing some considerable research on the topic, there just may be some hope for those of us with "autotragics."

take a look at some of the threads about performance automatic transmissions, like the ones manufactured by level 10. with one of those puppies, you'll pull down the same results as if you were driving a manual. besides. it guarantees consistent quarter-mile times and no missed gears. it just might prove cheaper in the long run, too - no expensive, burned up clutches to replace, etc.

getting a performance automatic tranny is high on my "to do" list.

and to the thread starter, if you ever decide to go turbo, having an automatic transmission means the boost comes on strong all the way...

my little sentra thinks big. it might be auto, but it pulls hard and steady up the kellog interchange (an incline near where i live). if your auto is lagging that hard going up hill. click that little button on the gear shifter and turn the overdrive off. welcome to the land of high rpms...keep the faith, my fellow brothers and sisters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.