Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
I concur.

It is a very dependable and fun engine. Mods are comming out the wood works for this engine. For what there is out there for it, the mods are worth picking up since it responds so well to them. Don't make me go down the list of cars that have been seen in my rear view. Ha ha ha ... j/p.

· Registered
272 Posts
Right on. One of these days Nissan's will rule the world and Hondas will forever be licking the bottom of my boot.
I mean damn. I finally got to drive a '02 SER SpecV. OMG!! That sh!t is butter. My friend just bought it and on Sat. got to drive it on the long way home between LA and San Deigo. 2 in the morning and an empty freeway, I was in heaven. Of course some Honda (2000 body style, few mods) wanted to race and I was up for it. He got stuck and couldn't hang. I love it.

· Registered
272 Posts
I think I will keep my GA16. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind having an SR20, and if I was handed one I would probably drop it in. But the money I do have, I mine as well spend on the GA16 and make it quick. Development is not far from pushing high power that is soon to be reckoned with.

· Registered
272 Posts
You are right. They do kick some serious ass. But not to say the 1.6 doesn't either. Ok, maybe it only kicks a little ass. But what gets me IS the market for the GA16. Why does it have to be so difficult? With our engine being out there for so many years, what takes so long? But there are so many out there I dont think the market would go anywhere for it, even though everyone does wanna swap to the 2.0. I'll stick wit it. - Thank you kindly

· Registered
272 Posts
One more little rant.

And what's up with Stillen and their blown up prices? How are they staying in business when their parts cost double then everyone else. I mean is it the qualitly or what? Fill me in if I'm clueless.

· Registered
272 Posts
Right on. Top o' the line goodies. I can believe that plus I do know their cat back exhaust system is worth it. But you don't seem them mentioned too much even in peeps sigs, except maybe their kits. Ah well, if I ever get promoted to that upper class society ...

· Registered
272 Posts
I feel you on that Liu. But the manual is not that bad in traffic. Im down in Daygo and traffic can be pretty hectic. Even with my JWT Clutch, its not at all bad, but who likes to be stuck in traffic with a manual anyways? Granted an automatic does suck and that would be worth the swap to the SR20. But my 1.6 likes to pull hard in the higher RPMs and I love it, for now .... Good luck on finding what your looking for. Hopefully Dad wont say much, been in that situation before too when I brought up the motor swap idea. Got the whole spiel about needing all new mounts, axles and harnesses. I'd just wind up getting a new load. Peace out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.