Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well exactly one week after i bought my 240 today my fuel pump took a dump so tommrow im gonna work on starting to replace it i know that its in the tank how much is invloved in removing the tank ive heard dropping the rearend?!?! Also i plan on putting a turbo on my car should i update the fuel pump or can u just put an inline pump to boost the pressure for the turbo? if i shoudl put a better pump in it what brand should i get? i need to get the car back on the road asap but i figure tis gonna take me a few days to get it torn apart since i only have a few hours a day to work on it so i figured id have time to buy an aftermarket if nessaccary.

·
Registered
58 Posts
slideways240sx said:
well exactly one week after i bought my 240 today my fuel pump took a dump so tommrow im gonna work on starting to replace it i know that its in the tank how much is invloved in removing the tank ive heard dropping the rearend?!?! Also i plan on putting a turbo on my car should i update the fuel pump or can u just put an inline pump to boost the pressure for the turbo? if i shoudl put a better pump in it what brand should i get? i need to get the car back on the road asap but i figure tis gonna take me a few days to get it torn apart since i only have a few hours a day to work on it so i figured id have time to buy an aftermarket if nessaccary.
I have no idea about the upgrades but....There is a panel on the floor in the trunk thats held on with 3 or 4 screws/bolts remove that. Underneath the panel is the part of the gas tank the pump/fuel level sending unit is located. Disconnect the hoses and wires then take out the screws holding the pump assembly to the tank. Pull the pump/sending unit out of the tank your probably going to have to maneuver it a little to get the whole thing out but its not difficult at all. This should just take 10 minutes to get at max. and its quite simple. Just be glad you dont have to drop the tank thats alot more work. and BTW don't smoke (duh) lol while your working on that. good luck man. Nick~ :thumbup:

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
Nik33615 said:
I have no idea about the upgrades but....There is a panel on the floor in the trunk thats held on with 3 or 4 screws/bolts remove that. Underneath the panel is the part of the gas tank the pump/fuel level sending unit is located. Disconnect the hoses and wires then take out the screws holding the pump assembly to the tank. Pull the pump/sending unit out of the tank your probably going to have to maneuver it a little to get the whole thing out but its not difficult at all. This should just take 10 minutes to get at max. and its quite simple. Just be glad you dont have to drop the tank thats alot more work. and BTW don't smoke (duh) lol while your working on that. good luck man. Nick~ :thumbup:
Or do smoke and make some nice explosion! :thumbdwn: .
Yeah, that is the way to access the fuel pump, If you plan on Upgrading and slapping on a Turbo you definitely have to upgrade the Fuel Pump, look into a Walbro 255LPH that should be plenty of pumping power for up to like 500HP or something in that range.
I think HCI did a full install of an aftermarket fuel pump in a 240, but not sure which issue, if you want to fine some info search the forum on install instructions, I am sure there is something around.
Also buy the pump from a credible source not eBay!
Good Luck Man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts