Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing the web and I found this site, pretty cool, considering that I just bought a 2002 se-r spec v. I have a question for you guys/girls who have a 2002 spec v. What's the fasted speed you have traveled in your ride and at what rpm? My fastest was 130mph at 5000 rpm.(all stock w/no mods)

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
stupid12 said:
Ive hit 132 in a sentra gxe with a ga12 engine.
GA12 Engine? I've never heard of it. The only GA series engine that I know of is the GA16 which was in both the B14 and B13 chassis Sentras. The newer B15 model sentras are equipped with the QG series engines. Or, you may also be mixing that GA series engine up with the E-series Engine. I'm not sure on that though. If you could elaborate, it would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I've never heard of the GA12 either. There is an A12, which was used before the GA series, but no GA12 that I'm aware of. And there's no way an A12 is gonna hit 132 unless it gets dropped out of an airplane. If you know more about it than I, please explain, I'd love to hear.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Ga16I (B-12 w/ sohc 12v engine)??

I think stupid12 was referring to a GA16i found in b12 pulsars and sentra in 1989-90. Not a bad engine and if held long enough, just possibly go that fast with the help of some bolt-ons and advanced timing. Work with him guys, he's proud of his car.

Boost_boy
1990 b-12 w/ca18det clocked by radar @[email protected] & no jail time, but a very long lecture from an ex-marine such as myself. Drive safely and live for tomorrow............

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Ga16I (B-12 w/ sohc 12v engine)??

boost_boy said:
I think stupid12 was referring to a GA16i found in b12 pulsars and sentra in 1989-90. Not a bad engine and if held long enough, just possibly go that fast with the help of some bolt-ons and advanced timing. Work with him guys, he's proud of his car.

Boost_boy
1990 b-12 w/ca18det clocked by radar @[email protected] & no jail time, but a very long lecture from an ex-marine such as myself. Drive safely and live for tomorrow............
I don't think the intention was to make fun of him or anything. I for one was curious if there was in fact a GA12 engine that perhaps I didn't know about.

S

·
0 Posts
woops, my bad guys. I did mean to put ga16. My sentra has a auto in it to. the only way i figured up 132 since the speedo only goes to 130 is i was racing my friend to tha beach, he has an eclipse and he said i was doing 132 when he slowed down to my speed. there was a lil tail wind tho.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
making the cross-over from the 57 north to the 60 east in diamond bar, calif., i hit 120 mph in my 1999 sentra GXE.

... and with out any mods at the time.

it's puzzling, really. i know the ga16de motor isn't supposed to break past the pesky 109 mph limiter, but there i was at 3 a.m. pushing 120 mph and still climbing.

any explanations? the car sure sounded hungry at that speed, can't wait to get the turbo.

I

·
0 Posts
I did around 125 in SE-R in 6th
and 117 in 96 gxe, and almost wet my pants :D hit speed limiter(never went up to speed limiter before that) I thought my car Brock down. lol

S

·
0 Posts
105 mph (170 kmh) - I was on the 401 (major highway). Car felt fine - me on the other hand.......I was way too paranoid at explaining myself to the law.

I need to get to the track...........

·
Registered
15 Posts
241 km/h on the 401, christmas day at 3:30 in the morning, just installed the header and went for a boot. I think she'd do 250 now....

·
Registered
172 Posts
how fast

bounced the redline 5th gear at just over 130 for about 2 miles but at that speed 2 miles isnt very long time.

but unless you have a full tank of gas or about 30 or 40 extra pounds in the trunk dont try to turn. it gets rather loose at those speeds in the back. so i took it to a bud to do an alignment on it told him about its tendancy to float he made a couple adjustments to the camber and toe angles front and back. made all the difference in the world!

he added a slight toe out in the rear and just a little positive camber to the front he said ill have to rotate my tires more frequently but it tracks alot better and low speed turns are much improved and more stable at high speeds.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
stupid12 said:
woops, my bad guys. I did mean to put ga16. My sentra has a auto in it to. the only way i figured up 132 since the speedo only goes to 130 is i was racing my friend to tha beach, he has an eclipse and he said i was doing 132 when he slowed down to my speed. there was a lil tail wind tho.
yeah right

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.