Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Paddle Shifted
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not big on waxing mates but I gave it a few tries(Meguiers Cleaner Wax). I've seem to gotten some on the trim, metal, rubber, and paint. It doesn't want to come off! It looks like white out on my car! How can I remove it?

:dumbass:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go to an Auto Body Supply STore that sells either PPG or Dupont products, they will be able to set you up. :thumbup: Next time you wax.....take some good quality masking tape and tape off your stuff you don't want wax on...works great.

Good Luck

·
Registered
32 Posts

It sounds stupid but try peanut butter. Spread it on then hose it off...

A friend told me to do this and i thought he was just trying to get me to put peanut butter on my car :rolleyes: but it worked!

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Rubbing alcohol and Gliptone RedStuff.

PS: you dont wanna get these on your paint and you wanna wash them off asap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wd-40 works

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
91sentra said:
wd-40 does everything
But from what I've heard is not clear coat safe so spray it on a towel then wipe.

·
Paddle Shifted
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
white_chocolate said:
I tried peanut butter today and it completely took it off..Crazy to believe but it works..Just hose it off like SonidBoom said and your good to go :)
How much PJ did you use? Enough for a cracker or a sandwich? PJ and cinnonmon scented wax?!? Are we cleaning a car or making dessert? Why don't they make pine or fresh spring scent? What is up with this food obsession? :fluffy:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
white_chocolate said:
I tried peanut butter today and it completely took it off..Crazy to believe but it works..Just hose it off like SonidBoom said and your good to go :)
I have never heard of someone actually using peanut butter on a car finish in my life. Maybe I am behind the times. Have you heard of this Chris?

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Blue soap (detailers clay) is the usual way.

If you are using spreads I wonder if - being australian - vegemite would work?

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
NickZac said:
I have never heard of someone actually using peanut butter on a car finish in my life. Maybe I am behind the times. Have you heard of this Chris?
no never... i woulds be hesitant to put it on trim because of the oil in it, but if it werks, horray 2 u!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts