Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys do to keep your car clean? I'm thinking about taking it to a touchless car wash, but I'm not sure if i should. I'm just wondering if they even clean your car good or if they can scratch the cars finish.

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
SeriouslyOrange said:
So what do you guys do to keep your car clean? I'm thinking about taking it to a touchless car wash, but I'm not sure if i should. I'm just wondering if they even clean your car good or if they can scratch the cars finish.
I'm normally a champ and wash my car from time to time just like I would in the summer. There's not as much snow here than some places at all, but the water's still cold. I would stay away from anything not personally hand washed. Well, I have seen some shitty hand washes, but if you went out there and did it yourself, put a nice few coats of wax, you should be good to go. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whats the difference between keeping it clean in the winter, and keeping it clean during the rest of the year?

·
Registered
20 Posts
GXEman said:
Whats the difference between keeping it clean in the winter, and keeping it clean during the rest of the year?
I know you this already, but in winter they lay out the salt in the street and that's bad. I usually got to does coin operate car washes, put a dollar and spray the wheel-well and under the car.

Other thing is that in the winter is friggin hard washing a car with your fingers and ears turning all blue.

I usually do a complete wax job (wash, clean, polish, and protect with carauba wax) with a buffer around this time, which is kind of late, probably better around August/September. Then do another one when it gets warm enough in the Spring time. It's helps protect it from the salt and less frequent washes in the winter.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I put mine up for the winter but I use a pressure wqsher for my truck. It's good because the blasting will knock ice away and you can wash it in slightly freezing weather.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well before the snow comes i usually put on a good amount of wax, i try to wash it after snow storms because the road salt and chemicals kill paint but thats about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts