Nissan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
Its actualy easier than that. I've taken it out many times. Just fold down the back seats and pull up on the front center. Slowly work your hands underneath out towards the sides and pop the clips out. The sides under the Cpillars will fold up and it comes right out...takes about 5 seconds. Is pretty flimsy so just fold the sides slightly and it will drop right back in.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the clips are under the metal part of the deck in the trunk....................why dont you just pop them out from under neath with some pliers instead of sticking your hand inbetween? take the c pillars off.............it took me a total of 5 min to do

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
but this takes only a few seconds.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^^ i fairly possitive we are talking about the exact same thing

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
It's actually pretty quick and easy to remove it without pulling off the c-pillars. Has been the same in each SE-R I've had or have now. My rear decks were really flexible, which made it even easier. Just pop the four clips from underneath the deck and just pull to remove.

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
but after 8 years most of thats flaked off...heck the stock speakers in my car had no surounds.

·
Atheist Libertarian
669 Posts
Binger said:
but after 8 years most of thats flaked off...heck the stock speakers in my car had no surounds.
Yeah, my 95's surrounds were absent too. Completely vaporized.

·
Atheist Libertarian
669 Posts
Yeah, actually you can. It is kind of a hassle, but I did it to mount rear deck coax's. If I remember, I took out the front seats (for room), removed the trim plates around rear seat belts (pop bottom tabs 1st!), rear seat bench bottom, lowered the top half of the rear seats, then interior rear lower panels, then uppers (rear window/c pillar), got in trunk and popped the tabs for the back deck, gave it a few easy pulls to release adhesive and it came out. Someone said that you can bend the back deck and get it out from under the c pillars, but I tried and it felt like it might break.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
captain_shrapnel said:
Someone said that you can bend the back deck and get it out from under the c pillars, but I tried and it felt like it might break.
All 3 of my SE-R's rear decks felt like that, but were pretty flexible and came out with a little persuasion. :fluffy:

·
Atheist Libertarian
669 Posts
Then it would would DEFINITELY be better to do it that way...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.