Nissan Forum banner

How Do I Delete Unapproved Visitor Message

602 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  quadraria10 
#1 ·
I have an unapproved visitor message written in Thai which is spam when translated. I've tried deleting it but I can't get rid of it. I click on delete unapproved messages but every time it says no message selected. How do I get'r done?

#2 ·
If you look at each unapproved message, on the right side of each message it'll say "permalink" followed by a box. Click the box and a check will appear in the box. For each message you click on, the "GO" button at the bottom of the page will show in parenthesis the number of messages that you've clicked in the permalink box. When done, at the bottom is the messages option box, which will say "delete." (You can click on that box for other options, if you wish.) With the box selection at "delete," click on the "go" button and the messages you clicked will be deleted.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reminder. I get those as well. For the life of me, I cannot imagine sending an English message to a Vietnamese person on some auto forum for no reason, but there must be some scam involved.
And I a glad I am not the only person who finds that the way to delete messages here is a bit counterintuitive. Somehow clicking on permalink does not sound like the way you would normally think to get rid of an unwanted message.
PS what is up with soft and hard deletes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.