Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
The Z24i is a good engine but the injectors are expensive and not rebuildable and the TBI is a bottle neck in the performance aspect. My dream is to get a Weber Sidedraft intake Manifold and install individual Throttle bodies, controlled by either a SDS or Electomotive standalone ecu. I'll definitely have no problem putting down 220 whp. checkout www.raceengineering.com

·
Registered
706 Posts
Honestly, I would just look for a stock D21 truck.. There are plenty out there.. If you did what you wanted to do, it would be a nightmare.. Most likely, you would need a new fuel tank, fuel pump, new wiring harness, computer, head for Fuel Injection, possibly new exhaust manifold and definitely all the top end stuff... THEN you have to convince the EPA ( the environmental pollution agency) in CA.. also know as CARB to give you a waiver.
Way too much work if you ask me.. unless you have a lot of time on your hands.
Heads are the same, Exhaust manifold has AIV air injection port on the Z24i engine. With a SDS engine management and 4 individual throttle bodies, can be tuned to run like a champ. By the way once the vehicles 25 yrs old here in Texas it's excempt from emissions and I'll probably go Webers side draft just for the hell of it... No need to invest $5000 in a $500 ride (BBV)!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts