Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 Nissan 720 with a rebuilt z24 engine but the carb and or computer is not right. the engine idle speed is erratic, it dies if I turn the idle down and it races if I don't.

I have a 86.5 donor d21 truck that has the z24I engine. Is there a website, book or has anyone on here converted a carb 720 z24 to EFI

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's all well and good but I w3ant to end up with a CA smog legal truck that has good drivability.... thanks for sharing LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked for vacuum leaks and found none. When I have the truck in neutral and the clutch engaged (not disengaged) it idles down somewhat. I know the computer sees the clutch switch and there is a "neutral" switch in the trans too. I am guessing that it has something to do with when the exhaust plugs fire, but why it would affect the idle I have no clue.

I have a d21 motor, wiring harness, and computer. I also have an inline fuel pump that carter make specifically for putting EFi motors in carbureted cars and trucks. I just need I little help sorting out the wiring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts