Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone ever had a dumbass attack? I did yesterday afternoon. I had my Sentra parked in the garage at home, and rather than just move it out like I usually do so I could get the mower out, I checked the distances, and decided I had enough room to just drive the mower out of the garage between the car and the garage wall.
Without telling all of the embarrassing details of what, and how, I"ll just say that I"ve got some John Deere green paint on the back bumper (dammit, I ALMOST made it) of my gray car.
Short of putting green stripe job, or buying a body kit, is there any way to get paint off of the plastic bumper cover? I tried som rubbing compound, and I tried buffing it a little, but so far, it's looking like it wants to stay green.
Any help will be most appreciated. If anyone has any good ideas, I wouldn't mind getting my gray paint off of the mower, either, but I'm more concerned about my car.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Rubbing compound works, I've used it before to get other paint of my car.

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried rubbing compound. It helped a little bit at first, but after it all dried off, it was still there. I'll try some more.

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it! Sort of

I tried the fingernail polish remover, and it worked, sort of. At least it got the green paint off. There's still some white scuffy marks, and stuff, but I'll ilve with it. Thanks selrider99.

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
no problem......
i had used some touchup paint on my car and didn't like the way it looked so i tried scrubbing and everything else and nail remover was the only thing that would take the paint off...
glad i could be of some help...

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
172 Posts
rubbing alcohol will remove most types of non factory paint.
ie: latex paint or john deer paint. :D
just put some in a spray bottle spray the area let it stand for a sec then wipe off with a clean towel. you might have to do this a few times to get all the paint off.
fingernail polish remover can damage the clearcoat even though you dont see it now later it could haze or peel off.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
try xylene or try to wetsand and buff it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts