Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· No Nissan Yet
142 Posts
dont you guys have block drain plugs? i thought their was one on the 1.6's. Alot of the Toyota blocks have them, but i dont remember if the Nissans do. they are usually located behind the exhaust manifold.

· No Nissan Yet
142 Posts
azkicker0027 said:
yeah, but why bother with block drain plugs, when the lowest point of coolant flow is the lower radiator hose and drain plug???
and for bleeding the system, i use the aforementioned filler/funnel thing, which creates a better and higher point in the cooling system to burp the air, and also run the thing until the thermostat opens......and the heaters on.....
actually the block drain plug is at the bottom of the cooling jackets. your lower hose will not get all of the coolant out of the block, that is why they have the drain plug. trust me you wont get all if it out by just pulling the lower hose.

if you follow that pipe that the lower radiator hose is connected to, you will find it is actually higher than the water jackets of the block. drain the radiator AND the block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.