Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

quick question how do I change the distributor on a 93 sentra ga16de my had a ton of oil in the cap do I take the old one out and just slide the new one in or is there a special process I have to go through to line up the timing or anything like that

thanks in advance

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
There's no gear on the shaft and it can only go in one way; you'll see when you look at the new one. Just pay attention where the hold-down bolts are in relation to the adjustment slot so the timing will be close. Remove the distributor cap and two, 12MM head bolts. Unplug the harness connector. Pull the distributor straight out. Swap the rotor over, if you are re-using the original rotor button. Put a little clean oil or vaseline on the seal of the new distributor and install, turning the rotor until it engages its slot and the distributor and push it all the way in. Install the hold down bolts. Install the cap and start the engine. After the engine warms up, adjust the ignition timing with a timing light and the factory service manual procedure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts