Nissan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
I think I can live with it. I do have some questions about the Autopower cages. I have a 4 door, do they make one to fit?
Is there a cross brace behind the front seats for harness attachment and seat-back braces? I am getting ahead of myself, gotta get the suspension first :)
I don't know about the autopower and 4 door. My 4 door cage is custom made and welded in.

Mike

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
morepower2 said:

I don't know about the autopower and 4 door. My 4 door cage is custom made and welded in.

Mike
That is an option I am considering(some of my co-workers do a lil race car fabication). I dont really like the idea of a bolt in cage anyway. I think you would not see the full stiffness benifits from a bolt in setup. On the other hand I have and want to keep full interior(I assume you are talking about the 99 SE-L race car). I can forsee tons more of work doing a weld in cage. Who knows, I am crazy enough to do it :p

E

·
0 Posts
I have an Autopower 4pt race roll bar in my 4 door B13 and it does have the cross bar, head restraint bar and harness bar as well. I had my bar bolted in but you can have them welded in also. Do you really want a 6pt in a street car? I think that's a little to much unless you plan to dedicate the car to full time racing (roadcourse). But the bar I have is great and I have the in-car camera mount as well made by Autopower as well. Autopower can *should* be able to make a bar for you car. It took Autopower about 4-5 weeks to make my bar but it was worth the wait!

·
Driver
736 Posts
Autopower does make a 4pt. roll bar for the four-door B14, I think you can get it at I-O Port Racing supplies I wouldn't mess with a 6 pt. on the street either, as it would be cumbersome and slightly dangerous having a solid metal bar inches from your head.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts