Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make my engine bay stand out more and i was thinking of getting a chrome valve cover or painting it with chrome paint. I also want to get a few more pieces that can make my engine stand out. I was thinking of going with chrome and blue pieces. Anyone know where i can get the chrome valve cover already??
 

·
Team Serious
Joined
·
2,134 Posts
you can take it to a metal polishing company... my boy just took his to one and the buffed and polished it real nice.....then he painted the nissan letters in blue...
 

·
Please Shift Here
Joined
·
6,696 Posts
Teknokid said:
Anyone know where i can get the chrome valve cover already??
Well, you can get a metal valve cover from any b13 GA16DE. then you can have it polished or mavbe chromed. another possibility is powdercoating a metal valve cover. That way you'll have a nice shiny coat in any color you want.
 

·
Platinum
Joined
·
462 Posts
Yeah, any B13 GA16DE valve cover will fit on yours. I traded VC with my friend and i polished the hell out of it.. It took me forever/too much work to get that chrome finish. I won't recommend doing it yourself unless you are unemployeed.
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Teknokid said:
From any B13?? Does it bolt right in??
yeah Nissan changed to ABS plastic for the B14's..... B13 will work..but, You will also need a B13 gasket for the same year....Greg at Mossy can help you with that..

Here's the one we have on Project 200SX...........
 

Attachments

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
myoung said:


yeah Nissan changed to ABS plastic for the B14's..... B13 will work..but, You will also need a B13 gasket for the same year....Greg at Mossy can help you with that..

Here's the one we have on Project 200SX...........
Bling, bling

Looks good, but I like powercoated stuff better. Any ideas how much it would be to have a vc powder coated
 
G

·
Depends on who you take it to and if they have to sandblast the imperfections off. Usually anywhere from 30-75 bucks.

Kyle
 

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
hey mike, what kind of wires are those in the pic? are they any good?
They look like "dressed up" stockers to me. Stock is all you really need anyway.. That is untill you get into to 200+hp range. It has been proven that the stock ignition system can take anything you throw at it on an NA motor, and they can handle N2O and boost to a certain point.
 

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
hey mike, what kind of wires are those in the pic? are they any good?
They are Nology wires....and no they are not worth the money. We tested them on the dyno against the stock NGK wires and showed no gains.

On a 300+ Sr20DET we actually lost a couple HP....

You can buy silicone covers that look identical to this for a lot less.
 

·
Boost anyone?
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
myoung said:


They are Nology wires....and no they are not worth the money. We tested them on the dyno against the stock NGK wires and showed no gains.

On a 300+ Sr20DET we actually lost a couple HP....

You can buy silicone covers that look identical to this for a lot less.
What do you mean stock NGK wires?? What car comes stock with the wires?? or did you mean you tested the nology against the stock AND the NGK wires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Teknokid said:


What do you mean stock NGK wires?? What car comes stock with the wires?? or did you mean you tested the nology against the stock AND the NGK wires.
The stock wires are made by NGK.
 

·
I command you to SEARCH
Joined
·
2,748 Posts
Teknokid said:
From any B13?? Does it bolt right in??
You will also need to pick up the bolts for the B13 valve cover. They are shorter...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
I would luv to powdercoat mine.... Wut do u guyz think about doing it white?? Or should I stick with a safe red????
 

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
Joined
·
6,079 Posts
white is hard to keep clean.. it really up to you.. white it would look dope though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Nissan uses NGK plugs and wires on our ignitions, meaning they should be in your car. I know they're in my '98 200SX.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top