Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive been doing research for my ser spec v sentra 2005 and i was jus curious on wat parts are good if i wanna get all new clutch, cam shafts, exhaust system engine management, flywheel, headers, intake system, pulley, suspension, turbo... wat would i need for all that or would it jus be smarter to get an engine swap and build that up or can i jus build this up wit out the spending the extra money for the new motor or what im jus lookin for a lil help and i read ur forums before and they seemed to be pretty damn helpful so if there is anyone that could give me some advice that would be awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
the spec-v engine is awsome there a high torque engine. with mine i have a dc sports syle race header and a greddy evo2 exhaust and a ram air intake and it hauls pretty good compared to alot of the rice out there today. my buddy owns a shop and hes telling me how much power you want what do you wanna beat in a race? just listing parts doesnt do shit all for you. how much power you want is all you need to know. after that you can figure what you need and need to spend. if you and awsome suspension get tein. i just the s tech springs in with my factory struts and now it handles like a go-kart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i was kinda afraid of it being a lil ricey and not enough power i jus wanna people to make it as fast as i can without worryin about it breakin down on me ... i mean i understand it wont last forever but i would like to keep it a while... id like to be able to beet integras sittin on 22 psi of boost and anything around there ... and the sentra already handles pretty good but ya it be nice to no wat can make it jus hug and take off

·
Registered
790 Posts
Tegs on 22psi will beat the vast majority of bolted Specs out there. Turbocharger/ Supercharger/ or spray is the way to go if you want to beat them w/o spending gobs of money remaining N/A. There really isn't an engine management out yet (if ever) specifically for the Spec. Just piggybacks like a SAFC II or Neo. Please dont bother with the Stillen Qr-Pro. It's worthless since it's not end user tunable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thats helpful... but if there is anything u can recomend that can beat that that i can do to my spec... money isnt really an option i am in it to win it i guess u could say... and money isnt to much of an option... not tryin to say im like extremely rich but i am not worried about workin for as much money as i need to get the job done so if u no of some stuff id appreciate the help

·
Registered
790 Posts
ok thats helpful... but if there is anything u can recomend that can beat that that i can do to my spec... money isnt really an option i am in it to win it i guess u could say... and money isnt to much of an option... not tryin to say im like extremely rich but i am not worried about workin for as much money as i need to get the job done so if u no of some stuff id appreciate the help
No money issues?

Options:

1) Swap a VQ35 w/ all the goodies into it. This task is not for the faint of heart. Only 1-2 people can do it and make it work. Namely a person by the name of Travis who owns FI-R (forced induction racing).

FI-R VQ Swap Pricing/Options.. - MSV

2) All out turbo build w/ all the goodies

3) All out supercharger build w/ every bolt on possible. In case you didn't know there is a SC it for the Spec-V

Revolution Autoworks, Inc. - Drivin by the need for Speed.

Me, personally? I'd go for the swap. If not that, then I'd SC. Just personal preferences.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they have superchargers for the spec v... i was lookin for it but i didnt think they had it.... and the engine swap is a lil to much im not tryin to find that so if u recomend the sc and can give me some info on where to look for that that would be awesome.. and wat there is to do to it that is for the spec v and what the requirments for the sc then again that would be extrememly helpful

·
Registered
790 Posts
With the SC you can keep most of your bolt ons. The full SC kit from RevAuto is ~$4700. It comes with an SAFC Neo. There is no tapping of your upper oil pan like on turbocharger systems for the Spec V. IMO I think the SC kit is alot easier to install and tune than a turbo kit. Basic recommendations to go along with any FI kit would be a wideband w/ datalogging capabilities and gauge + boost gauge. Learn how to tune for yourself w/ the right equipment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"wideband w/ datalogging capabilities and gauge + boost gauge. Learn how to tune for yourself w/ the right equipment. " ok that helps a lot... and with all that would it hurt if i did get new parts like new suspension and new clutch of would u recomend i get that to... or is there any other requirments for the supercharger... also how about headers and the exhaust...and etc cuz if i can get it even faster after the super charger that would be awesome... o and also any recomendations on where to find the guauges and all that u listed .... i really appreciate this cuzz im not to smart wit cars and i have been learning about my spec v and i no a lil here and there but really this is a lot of help

·
Registered
790 Posts
Suspension upgrades are great, seriously. No sense in going fast ONLY in a straight line. You can keep a header (singular, it's a 4cyl. . . It's only got one) and exhaust. Freeing up your exhaust helps on FI. A 3" exhaust is great for FI but pointless for NA applications. However a 2.5" aftermarket exhaust is still better than stock for FI or NA.

There's loads of info out there for damn near any question that you might have. To include, suspension, clutches, flywheels, . . . etc.

Lots of people would say go turbochrager besides supercharger. Again, doing the SC thing is my personal preference. It appeals to me more than a turbocharger.

try:
B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum
My SpecV - The BEST Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V site in the world
SpecV.net • Portal

BTW, you should honestly get a header and loctite your butterfly screws if not done so already

FAQ: QR25DE Precat and Butterfly Screw FAQ - MSV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok y do u prefer it does it get more power or somthin or is it more durable or more reliable or anythin...

·
Registered
790 Posts
ok y do u prefer it does it get more power or somthin or is it more durable or more reliable or anythin...
Bcuz there aren't that many SC'd Specs out there. To me, it seems easier to install and easier to maintain. Easier to tune due to a much more linear power band. I could be fully bolted THEN go SC'd. I would love to see the looks on peoples faces IF I was SC'd. I like the SC'd whine as opposes to the TC'd blowoff valve.

·
Registered
844 Posts
are you still actually able to GET the revauto kit?? i thought they kind of disappeared and no one could get a hold of them.
i wasn't too impressed with their instructions, kit components or service my friend bryan got.

·
Registered
790 Posts
are you still actually able to GET the revauto kit?? i thought they kind of disappeared and no one could get a hold of them.
i wasn't too impressed with their instructions, kit components or service my friend bryan got.

They are still alive, kicking, and making a come back especially when it comes to customer service as of late.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so do u guys happen to no of a program that simulates building up a car that u can get ... wat i mean is , is there a program that u canapply these modern parts to the actually model of the engine and test it and see how it runs... or anything along those lines

1 - 16 of 16 Posts