Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a cold air intake, but the stock intake has an 02 sensor right at the entrance of the plastic part that connects to the filter box. How can i bypass this sensor so i can put in my own intake??

1997 Sentra XE

·
Registered
170 Posts
The sensor in the front part of the stock intake tubing is a temp sensor. Just leave it plugged into that little tube. You don't need to worry about relocating it.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Injen also provides a niffty little place to attach it on the MAF adapter. I just left mine where it was :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
When I installed my new intake piping, I just held the air temp. sensor in the piping that attaches to the MAF, and then tightened it down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if it does not have the sensor already machined out just drill a hole and attach it i put a cai on my ga16de and for a year i never installed it then one day i remembered it and i installed it after that i felt the car really responsive to cold air u probally wont feel a difference with the warm air but u will definitely with the cold air its called the temperature sensor what it does is when the resistance is high (cold weather) it advances the timing and throws more fuel that is the variable valve intake timing the motor was built with

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ya just move it with the gromet, shape the hole carefully, I put mine in the plastic MAF before the sensors "upstream" in the airflow and it woks great, need to get my intake down to the ground though,
How you like ZEX, you blowin parts yet? is this a 95000mi engine youre usin nitrous on cause I wanna zex bad and I only got 5800 on my 1.6!!! How you like it? Did you install or have installed, I need to know! ever go with 55 shot instead? Damn gimme the dirty on this shit man, you sayin I can fly for $500?
E-mail me @ [email protected] pleeeeeeeeez.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts