Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while under my pulsar xe the other day I decided to measure the catback and my sway bars. I don't know if the way the I measured was just way off ( I had to eyeball it with a tape measure) but I think that my catback is 2" and my sway bars are 1". dose anyone know if this sounds right? I should be installing my muffler tomorrow so I could have them remeasure the diameter when they cut off the old muffler.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sixways said:
So while under my pulsar xe the other day I decided to measure the catback and my sway bars. I don't know if the way the I measured was just way off ( I had to eyeball it with a tape measure) but I think that my catback is 2" and my sway bars are 1". dose anyone know if this sounds right? I should be installing my muffler tomorrow so I could have them remeasure the diameter when they cut off the old muffler.
If it is a stock Pulsar and IIRC, 1 5/8" max exhaust and 10/16 bar. I do not have a conversion table for the Bar, as most are all mm measurements.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sixways said:
This link should cover the sway bars. There's 3 sizes that will work on a B12. The 2/4dr sedans have the weak small ones. The coup has the middle size. Anything with a CA has the biggies.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
the CA big one (pulsar SE) are 26mm if i remember correcly, on the XE pulsar they got the same as the coupe something around 24mm (should mesure my old one)...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
WOW, 28mm. Nissan must really have something against body roll. I think that I'll have to snag those bars next time I'm at a junkyard.

I don't know if it really has to be "cut" off, but by what ever means it comes off I'll look.

Edit: oh, I see know, 28mm is the front with 26mm in back. that's really lame. stupid understeer. now I'm thinking about grabing a sentra front sway bar to help increase oversteer. humm.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just finished reading that old post. WOW, that's been a while.
I think the rears measure the same as the front. I'd go check but it's raining.
Bring a big breaker bar to the jy.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
WOW!!! I think I'll get of my A$$ and get them under my car too;) might try another road trip to Portland.

been working on the other stuff... (SR)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the bigger sway bars must really make a difference, because on my 90 sentra with the stock bars and the 13" tires I get no sway at all, the car handles perfect the way it is, I know it would probably feel even better with the bigger bars but I have these " S " turns near my house and it doesn't feel like the body leans and I get no tire squeal or anything even going like 20 over the speed limit.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
i saw the difference between the 28mm and the one from the coupe one. the front is so rigid now !!... i just installed the tower brace and should increase the rigidity even more...

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
the Pulsar SE (CA powered) swaybars i installed made a night and day difference and with the stock springs made a great compromise between performance and ride quality. with the Eibach sportlines and KYBs ontop of the gains from the larger bars the car performs flawlessly in street conditions.
also the 2"F 1.5"R ride height make it look badass :thumbup: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts