Nissan Forum banner

Houston, we got a problem...

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ccroaddog 
#1 ·
Hey.. i am looking online at H3 and H1 bulbs for the halo's... And i see there are 4 types...

35 Watts
50 Watts
75 Watts
100 Watts.
Why the hell are there 4 types of bulbs???????????????? which ones are going to be used in ours.. and will they screw up the sockets?

#3 ·
If you use the same wattage as the stock light, the car harness should be okay.
I'm not familiar with the halos constrution, I would 'assume' they were made for stock wattage as well. If they were made for higher watage bulbs, the car harness is still the limiting factor.

Anyone else?

#4 ·
well my 200sx has 9004 for driving lights and h3 for fog lights... i get cost on CATZ lighting so i got 80/100 watt 9004 for driving and 100watt h3 for my fogs and i can see so much better and it only cost me 30.00 for both pairs. the higher the wattage the brighter it is. so if you go higher wattage it wont hurt anything.

#5 ·
Brighter is good:)
But with higher current draw comes higher heat in the wire harness. The lamps may hold up, but the oem wiring was designed to certain limits. It may, that's may, not hold up. If your headlamp fuses start to blow, don't put a larger fuse in, lower the wattage of your bulbs.
If the fuses don't blow, then you will probably be okay.

#6 ·
cool..

Well.. are you sure you use 80/100, and see no diff.. maybe if you drive for about 10 minutes or something.. but i mean, if you make like a nice long 3 hour strole around your town. woudl they Melt your wireing.. But.. im probably gfoing to uprage my wiring.. maybe... probably not.. but all i know is that i was BRIGHT..... i mean so F'ing bright, that everyone driving against me will go blind, and drive off the road

#7 ·
know is that i was BRIGHT..... i mean so F'ing bright, that everyone driving against me will go
Just make sure you re-aim your lamp assemblies. The specs are in the FSM and maybe the owners man. Should end up looking something like this. IIRC

PHP:
|    /
|   /-light
|__/
|  | -car
As long as you don't shine into oncoming traffic, you will be no worse than a HID luxury car.

#12 ·
i talked to the lady before i ordered mine and she said something about buying a lot and selling to friends if i can do this i can order 9004 9005 9006 h1 h2 h3 or any other kinds for inside or outside, and CATZ ZETA (poor man's hid) kits or real HID including bmw's blue effect all for under 1000.00 for all you guys..... i will call on monday for everybody. if i get the ok ill post a new thread so everybody can order in.

#13 ·
wattage.....

i don't want to sound like a parent or nothing but, 80/100 is a little too high for the b14 harness, i have repaired a lot and it isn't pretty, worse case, the bulb gets really hot and blows inside the lamp, also if just cruising around, not enough cooling, especially with Houston's humid conditons, look around for alternatives, there should be one that fits, or go for the real thing, HID conversion, i think catz has a kit or something............
hey, i might actually do that................very interesting........

#14 ·
CATZ has two kits one is a zeta kit which amp's the bulb to a more intense beam of light by using an amp which does not use any stock wiring which my buddy put on his 91 (NON-TURBO) 300Z and looks dope. the other is real HID as scene on Acura Mercedes and BMW. i believe the zeta is like 400.00 and the HID ranges from 800.00 to 1100.00 for the BMW blue 5000k look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.