Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I haven't heard too much about the pacesetter, but the hotshot header is great. It might be a bit more expensive but it is well worth the money. Switching out headers on the ga16 is the best thing you can do for it. You'll feel a signifigant improvement once you get the resrictive stock manifold w/cat off.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have the hotshot gen 1 header and was one of the first to have it. The EGR pipe fittings and downpipe and O2 sensor fitting were perfect and the coating is still good. The thing is still good except I had to used the stock gasket type because they did not make good gaskets then . I bought it in 1996. I hope they make better ones now. Also I did not like the O2 sensor location, it hits the alternator if you use a Bosch sensor.
Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pollution control?

....i was thinking about the headers mod too.... but has anyone heard about that if you add a headers your car could pollute a little more just enough to fail pollution control? is that true?

·
Registered
182 Posts
What about a brand new Pacesetter compared to a
Generation1 or 2 Hotshot?

Considering they already have a Generation 4 out.

Which one would you use?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
They all have cracked after awhile. The HS is like 2-3 times more expensive. Plus Pacesetter is going to be releasing a stainless steel one this coming spring, rumored to cost under $200. I'm waiting until then to decide what I'm going to buy.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hot shot

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Pollution control?

SergioCR said:
....i was thinking about the headers mod too.... but has anyone heard about that if you add a headers your car could pollute a little more just enough to fail pollution control? is that true?
The pre-cat is located right on the stock manifold. When you replace it with an after market header you must also put in a new cat right after the header's down pipe and relocate the second o2 sensor just past the new cat in order to pass the emitions test.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok check it out, you'll pass smog no prob, as long as you leave the cat thats between the heads and the exhaust your fine. and pacesetter copied the gen 1 hotshot header, but did it in a cheaper way, there crap, they crack. i know, my mechanic's supplier won't even sell him the pacesetters, because they crack and they didn't want to have to deal with it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
GAsentra16 is right, i forgot about that, you do have to relocate the o2 sensor. but after you do that, your good to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts