Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if some people could explain the difference between the performance between the Hotshot 4-2-1 Tri-y design vs. Mathermotorsports' 4-1 - 1.5" diameter 34" primaries w/ 2.25" collector?

Also, what size ports are on the head, 1.5"? And, what kind of coatings are available to help cool the engine bay while keeping the heat in the header? What does Hotshot use?

Thanks,

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
dho said:
I was curious if some people could explain the difference between the performance between the Hotshot 4-2-1 Tri-y design vs. Mathermotorsports' 4-1 - 1.5" diameter 34" primaries w/ 2.25" collector?

Also, what size ports are on the head, 1.5"? And, what kind of coatings are available to help cool the engine bay while keeping the heat in the header? What does Hotshot use?

Thanks,
the difference between the 421 and the 41 i'm not too sure of but it has something to do with being able to keep the length of each of the pipes to 34" which is a calculated length to maximize power (in a certain rpm). i'm not sure on this but the pulse of each exhaust gas is known to travel a given distance between each cycle of the engine and the length of the primaries are tuned to give the least amount of back presssure possible and also creating a low pressure area behind the pulse that helps draw out the exhaust gases on the next cycle.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
4-2-1 power increase throught the powerr band
4-1 big power increase up in the powerband

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
XtremE said:
4-2-1 power increase throught the powerr band
4-1 big power increase up in the powerband
What rpm range do you think 34-36" primaries would give on 1.5" piping & a 2.5" collector?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts