Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.)How loud are the Hot Shot Headers with the Hot Shot CAI, and stock exhaust? Is it a lot louder than just having a CAI by itself?
I dont want my car to sound riced out and
2.)Is there an exhaust that I can get thats not that loud and looks similar to the stock that would free up some HP?
Thanks

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Zimmy57 said:
1.)How loud are the Hot Shot Headers with the Hot Shot CAI, and stock exhaust? Is it a lot louder than just having a CAI by itself?
I dont want my car to sound riced out and
2.)Is there an exhaust that I can get thats not that loud and looks similar to the stock that would free up some HP?
Thanks
the car will probably will sound very similar to stock
if you want to keep stock exhaust look and quietness and u have a b13 or b14 and u drive the 1.6L just upgrade your exahust to the SR20de exhaust which is 1/4 bigger than 1.6 exhaust

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't get the header and use the stock exhaust. I would rather get the exhaust over the CAI and settle for a cheap mushroom intake for the moment. In fact, a WAI will have more low end torque than a CAI, but will sound a lot raspier.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
From my experience the HS headers w/stock exhaust aren't much louder than stock. It's mostly louder when you start the car up and at idle. While driving I don't think HS headers are much louder than stock, and when you get on it the CAI noise will overtake exhaust noise.

I have a 2'' mandrel bent cat back with resonator and a magnaflow muffler. It is louder than stock, there is no way to avoid that. But I don't think it sounds ricey. The setup I have looks close to stock, most people wouldn't notice it.

And yes getting a good exhaust will add more HP.

Heres a link that shows my exhaust:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/spjohn/car back angle2.jpg

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was looking to trade my custom 21/4 exhaust for a stock ser one i live in az

·
Nissan Fanatic since 1999
308 Posts
When you add the intake, the db will change a little bit, but if you get headers and leave the stock exhaust with the headers you might get a little too much back pressure but the sound should not change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts