Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the HS headers the other day. They seem to improve performance overall, but my SES (Service Engine Soon) light just came on (after about ~50 miles of driving, and after I used to Cruise Control). I know there was something about relocating the 2nd 02 sensor, but where do you move it and how? Also, if I leave it as is, will there be any danger?

thanks,

-Eric

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case anyone was wondering, the CEL/SES light will come on if the 02 sensor is not relocated behind the secondary pipe. If you leave it there I'm told it won't do any harm. I have done it yet due to cash flow, but I will eventually.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
its not really true.

If everything is done correctly, the CEL will not come on.

I am only running the 2 primary O2 sensors, that is why my CEL is on right now, hehehe. Also, the car is running smooth as silk.............those bottom 2 O2 sensors are useless. :D

P

·
0 Posts
I was under the impression that it was the last two that throw the CEL/SES light, I never heard they are useless, unless you mean that if thet werent there the car would still run fine.

·
8,328 Posts
I mean I am running the car without the bottom 2 sensors and my car is running like a top....................just the CEL is on. Otherwise, no problems.

I'm still against the need to move the sensors back.

P

·
0 Posts
OK the header removes the second cat right? so it is the bottom 2 O2 sensors that are reading the same (wrong info)and that causes the SES light. They dont affect performance.
Where am I going wrong?
if the O2 is relocated that means that it would be located on the secondary pipe that runs the length of the car right?

Please correct me, make me understand.

·
8,328 Posts
IF you needed to relocate them, they would have to go behind the cat.

OK, the TWO PRIMARY sensors are teh ones on TOP of the header. Those are the only 2 I have in right now. The bottom two...........after-cat sensors, I do not even have in right now. Car runs great, only the CEL is on..........which isn't a bother. As soon as I get the sensors back in........I will report whether you need to remove them.

I like this site, we have our own forum!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Ahhhh
Ok I understand, but it is the last two that cause the CEL light to come ON, wether or not you need them.

Trying to get a good thread going I visit here often but nobody ever posts.

·
8,328 Posts
yea I noticed that there are tons of forums but nobody posts.

Anyways, yea, those 2 bottom ones mainly serve to set the CEL off if they're not installed or reading right, otherwise the serve no purpose in the a/f control of the ECU.

P

·
0 Posts
Chimmike
I went to the Powertechimports.com site to look at the e-manage (main unit there is the highest $$ I found yet) but I was told that with the ignition harness we would be able to bump our timming.
What is your thought on that. Kind of a expensive upgrade for no real HP gains (unless you know something diff.) but i will need it to go F/I.

·