Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the Hot Shot header into my friends 95. I must say the Hot Shot is very nicely made. Install wasnt so bad, except for the bolts at the convertor flange(i found out someone has been here before, cause the convertor was hallowed out!) which were all rusted to hell(thanks NY!). The only thing i had to modify was the EGR tube. i had to pry and bend it a little so it would seat correctly in the header without leaking, other than that, it was a nice fit!

We went on a test drive. He noticed it was quieter than his original exhaust. Also he said that he could bring it up more on RPM's and not fall on its face as it did before. I noticed myself it had a little more lower end than it did before, but that is about it. I dont drive the car everyday, so therefor i really cant tell. He said it was night and day.

Anyone else have the same results?

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
i got a pacesetter header which is a copy of old hot shto design header and yeah it was a day and night difference

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have heard good and bad tales about pacsetter on the ga16. i just recently installed a pacesetter hedder on a nissan hardbody w/ka24 and a 75 shot of nitrous. after about 3 minutes of idling the paint burned off and had a lasting stinch. i saw no difference in performance. i was wondering if it was the same for you on your car.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
nstalr01 said:
i have heard good and bad tales about pacsetter on the ga16. i just recently installed a pacesetter hedder on a nissan hardbody w/ka24 and a 75 shot of nitrous. after about 3 minutes of idling the paint burned off and had a lasting stinch. i saw no difference in performance. i was wondering if it was the same for you on your car.
that's common for the Pacesetter header... especially the paint burning off and stinking .... not sure why they do that crap

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
myoung said:
that's common for the Pacesetter header... especially the paint burning off and stinking .... not sure why they do that crap
because they are the yugo of headers! they are junk! any of thier exhaust is!

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe that is only shipping paint and is to be taken off when you recieve it. -James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts