Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1994 Nissan Sentra XE and I need some fast HP gains.I have a low budget income (usual for a 16 year old lol) and I need some fast ways for some more HP.As of right now, I have a legendary home-made air intake,muffler,spark plugs,plug wires,and I have advanced the timing.I know they make turbo's and headers but I can't afford them so if any of you have any advice I'd love to hear it :) .Thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
there's no such thing as cheap horsepower kiddo.

start saving your money

·
Registered
62 Posts
I started out with a hotshot CAI and the Unorthadox lightweight racing pulley. Those are pretty cheap and they added a descent amount of HP. They are about $200 each. I'd start with those. And yes, check out www.sentra.net that is where I made all of my decisions on what to buy for my car.

- Aaron

·
Slashie
394 Posts
This may sound bad, but honestly, our cars aren't exactly the cheapest to mod. You may want to look around for something that has a little more power to start with and better aftermarket support (like an SR20 car). The only way you'll get big numbers with a GA16 is with a turbo or a jet engine.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
stevja1 said:
This may sound bad, but honestly, our cars aren't exactly the cheapest to mod. You may want to look around for something that has a little more power to start with and better aftermarket support (like an SR20 car). The only way you'll get big numbers with a GA16 is with a turbo or a jet engine.
sooo... a jet engine can really make a gasoline engine faster? lol. :thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tavel said:
sooo... a jet engine can really make a gasoline engine faster? lol. :thumbup:
HEY ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE WITH JET ENGINES LOGICAL NO POSSIBLE HELL IM SURE SOMEONE WILL TRY AND BLOW THEMSELVES UP WITH AN ATTEMPT IF ITS NOT ALREADY BEEN DONE, TO THINK ABOUT IT THOUGH THATS A LOT OF DAMN WORK THOUGH NEVERMIND THAT I SAY THE INTAKE PULLEYS AND A CUSTOM EXHAUST ARE THE BEST WAY TO GO THOUGH OR LIKE THEY SAID :loser:

·
Registered
111 Posts
91sentra said:
HOLY CAPS LOCK BATMAN!!!!! just do the basic bolt ons. That should be good. And they did that rocket car on Monster Garage.

Sorry Batman's key board is a cap queen , really didnt know that i know they did the land speed semi truck which hit like 200 miles and hour or something and yeah bolt ons are always the best way to go on tight budget most can tell you that from here :thumbup:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
sounded awesome but didn't do anything except make a lot of noise ;)

·
Slashie
394 Posts
94econobox said:
You've seen it?
I built one... read up above... thats why I said don't ask. I can post some pics if you want. I just have to find them. They're around here somewhere....

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
-change your plugs and wires back to your OEM stuff (the OEM is the best for our cars)
- if you have am aftermarket muffler on a stock exhaust i bet it sounds like a turd :thumbup:

if you can afford HP, start collecting suspension bits. buy some hypercoil springs off of www.sr20forum.com in the classifieds section, black_ser95 has a AGX shock GB going on (check out my sig) search for some motiv rear mounts, and koni bump stops! your car will be an auto-xing machine! you dont need to buy it all at once, just one by one (but dont instal it that way! well i guess you could instal the shocks on your stock springs) get the ebay strut tower bars. enjoy! :cheers:

·
Registered
98 Posts
white_chocolate said:
I got a 1994 Nissan Sentra XE and I need some fast HP gains.I have a low budget income (usual for a 16 year old lol) and I need some fast ways for some more HP.As of right now, I have a legendary home-made air intake,muffler,spark plugs,plug wires,and I have advanced the timing.I know they make turbo's and headers but I can't afford them so if any of you have any advice I'd love to hear it :) .Thanks

if you want cheep hp go nitrous. look on ebay and find a used wet kit. that will give you the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
111 Posts
PSr_SEX-R said:
if you want cheep hp go nitrous. look on ebay and find a used wet kit. that will give you the best bang for the buck[/QUOT

I would make nitrous 1 of my last decisions its a good 1 but its he get nitrous happy then he might do something stupid like drive with it

·
Registered
98 Posts
SUPERFLYNISSAN200SX said:
I would make nitrous 1 of my last decisions its a good 1 but its he get nitrous happy then he might do something stupid like drive with it
please explain, nitrous is just as safe as any other bolt on if done correctly, you can rune your car if you dont put your CAI on correctly!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
.....if you put your CAI on wrong your engine wont explod

NO2 is only to be used by those who know what they are doing, not to be used on the street, if you push it for shits and giggles you could SLAM into a car in front of you. you could loose traction very easly. its not good unless you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
1.6pete said:
.....if you put your CAI on wrong your engine wont explod

yes but if you filter falls out and sucks up a leaf your engine will run just as good as a blown up engine.

not to mention whos says it will explod so far mine hasnt,

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.