Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I OWN A 2003 MAXIMA SE. NISSAN RATES IT AT 255HP AND 247 FT TQ. I KNOW THAT THE RATING IS AT THE FLYWHEEL. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS HOW MUCH HP & TQ THAT THE CAR IS GETTING AT THE WHEELS? HOW MUCH HP & TQ WOULD BE ADDED WITH A CAI AND THE ORTHODOX RACING PULLEY?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
GA16-RUNNER said:
I OWN A 2003 MAXIMA SE. NISSAN RATES IT AT 255HP AND 247 FT TQ. I KNOW THAT THE RATING IS AT THE FLYWHEEL. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS HOW MUCH HP & TQ THAT THE CAR IS GETTING AT THE WHEELS? HOW MUCH HP & TQ WOULD BE ADDED WITH A CAI AND THE ORTHODOX RACING PULLEY?
just a Q, but if you own a Max why is your sig GA16-Runner?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My sig is GA16-RUNNER because I also own a 95 200sx with the GA engine in it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anyone out there that can answer my original question?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you really need to do is go ahead and do your mods and take your car to get it dyno'd because each car will give you different readings. As an estimate you can subtract about 25-30% from the hp rating for an auto and about 15-20% for a manual. This will give you a good estimate of bhp. You should maybe get about 6-10bhp from those mods conservatively.

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
GA16-RUNNER said:
Do you have a 5-speed or an automatic? rough numbers would be 15% off the top with a 5-speed so approx 210-215 to the ground. With an automatic, right around 195 to 205HP.

CAI will add approx 8 to 12HP to the wheels and an unorthodox UDP wil add aprox 8 to 10hp.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
acutally it is not a 5 speed it is a 6 speed :) or an auto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts