Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently put the stillen headers w/downpipe in my '04 spec v and now my car sounds like one of the loud high-pitched honda's :wtf: :balls: . i have an AEM ca intake and a magnaflow full catback exhaust on my car as well. i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it or anyone with any information that can help me fix this sound. thanks.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
how to fix it? get a big, big big resonator welded in the exhaust. The biggest one that can fit! That's about the only thing, short of taking the header off and putting the stocker back on ;)

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
sorry, I should have specified: a real resonator. those glasspack muffler things are worthless.

Magnaflow has some good resonators for a cheap price.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
He's running str8pipe with no cats...it will sound better with a res but it is still going to probably sound like ass, or at least not as good as when you had the stock exhaust manifold on. I think the biggest res that fits is a 24 incher.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The precat acts like a resonator, the after cat works as one and the actual muffler on the car and resonator all act to quite the noise. I never saw your exhaust, but those canister type mufflers will all sound like a Honda. You need an oval OEM type muffler with flow through like a Borla or stromung type muffler. Resonators are needed, the longest you can find 24" may fit into the exhaust.
Chris 92 classic 03 SE-R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts