Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 240 and i want to hook it up for parallel drag racing. I'm going to put in all the bolt-on's and turbo charge it. I live in socal and i need advise in what brand to look into for these parts and willing to spend this money but if i can save and get more for my money i would appreciate that as well.....

a) intake .........($200)
b) headers .......($700)
c) down pipe ....($800)
d) muffler .........($300)
e) turbo kit .......($3000)

and if could put anything else to get more hp please let me know and that would help out a lot.
-ALEX

·
Registered
446 Posts
Search, Search, Search...there are multiple posts on this site that will give you the answers to all of your questions...
But to help out, I would look into www.Phase2Motortrend.com, www.HeavyThrottle.com, www.JimWolfTechnology.com, www.Jspec.com, www.SuperiorNissanMotorsports, and www.phatka-t.com. These are all good sites, they will help you figure out what you can afford and what you're going to put on you car. Also, if you're turboing the car, don't buy headers or an intake...they won't work after you turbo it...

I'm also building up a KA-T...but there are multiple choices of engines that you can put in...SR20DET, RB20DET, RB25DET...etc. Just search around on this site, and the sites I listed above an you'll find what you need guaranteed...Good luck!

·
Registered
405 Posts
dragR240sx said:
i just got my 240 and i want to hook it up for parallel drag racing. I'm going to put in all the bolt-on's and turbo charge it. I live in socal and i need advise in what brand to look into for these parts and willing to spend this money but if i can save and get more for my money i would appreciate that as well.....

b) headers .......($700)
c) down pipe ....($800)

-ALEX
If you go with a turbo dont get headers get things you can use with a turbo.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
dragR240sx said:
b) headers .......($700)
c) down pipe ....($800)
-ALEX
Lol, that's RIDICULOUS. There's no need to spend that much money on a KA. Lol, go to EBay. This is what I've done=
a) intake..................($5)
b) CA18DET..............($600)
c) custom catback.....($50)
d) muffler.................($40)
e) SUMITOMO brakes..($150)

And that's more like it.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
You're willing to spend more for a downpipe (a $150 part) than I did on my whole engine!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah u guys are right. I had just alredy saved up some money that way when i started to fix it up, i would be able to do it as soon as possible. But now what are the good brands for this things?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts