Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL; and tonight the hood went flying open. Bent the two fenders and scared the living daylights out of us. Went to inspect why it might have happened and perhaps the safety latch doesn't close all the way. Took a video and pictures. Did further research and apparently there is an issue with hood latches and also for the Altmas. PF is out of warranty. What should I do? B&C to Nissan or just fix it? The latch has me worried more so than the repair as this could have cost our lives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would contact your local dealer and see what they have to say if they are no help contact nissan Consumer affairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So we have a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL; and tonight the hood went flying open. Bent the two fenders and scared the living daylights out of us. Went to inspect why it might have happened and perhaps the safety latch doesn't close all the way. Took a video and pictures. Did further research and apparently there is an issue with hood latches and also for the Altmas. PF is out of warranty. What should I do? B&C to Nissan or just fix it? The latch has me worried more so than the repair as this could have cost our lives.
I found your post by searching the internet looking for similar cases...Croatia...on Saturday 26th 2019 my wife was driving Nissan Qashqai+2 (2013) and the hood flew off on the highway at a speed of 120 km/h (62 mph), hit and broke the windshield... she and her mother were scared to death.

The weather was perfect! Sunny and windless.

Luckily she was driving in the right lane and managed to brake and move to the stop lane and the hood slipped forward one the road in front of the car. The hood is completely ripped off the car!!!
When we talk to people what happened, they think we are lying or doing drugs... incredible and sick at the same time.

The roof rails prevented the hood from flying behind the car and fortunately no one was killed.

This 'accident' was immediately reported to the local dealer and also to the Nissan authorised representative in Croatia... we have a problem because they have not shown any serious interest in resolving this case. They apologized via email for the inconvenience but we already got the impression that this is not their priority issue.

Can you please tell me how you solved your problem?

If anyone has heard or witnessed of more such cases with Nissan vehicles please contact me via email ([email protected]) or PM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After buying my new Nissan, I realized that the hood is very light and easy to open when unlocked. Unlike my old Nissan car that has a large and very heavy hood, that old hood is unlikely to fly out when not locked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts