Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how long this install should take on 04 spec v? My shop wants 3 hours. Seems high. Thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
you take off the intake manifold and see if it doesn't take you 4-5 hours ;)

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Where are you located at?

Also, have them LOCTITE the butterfly screws (blue Loctite preferably) while the intake manifold is ripped apart.

3 hours is a bit much but it isnt all that much...the VBoard has a writeup on how to do this but they are hacked. The process isnt as hard as it is long.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NickZac said:
Where are you located at?

Also, have them LOCTITE the butterfly screws (blue Loctite preferably) while the intake manifold is ripped apart.

3 hours is a bit much but it isnt all that much...the VBoard has a writeup on how to do this but they are hacked. The process isnt as hard as it is long.
san diego, ca

·
Registered
7 Posts
CLSentra said:
Anyone know how long this install should take on 04 spec v? My shop wants 3 hours. Seems high. Thanks

Is this a nissan shop? :) I ask because if it is, i'm not surprised. I'm at nissan now, but when i was across the street at Honda they were going to charge me 3 hours to do 2 front axles..did it myself in about 42 minutes. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NISMOhq said:
Is this a nissan shop? :) I ask because if it is, i'm not surprised. I'm at nissan now, but when i was across the street at Honda they were going to charge me 3 hours to do 2 front axles..did it myself in about 42 minutes. :)
I ended up having AEBS Racing do the Hondata Gasket and the ES Motor mount inserts. Took about 2 1/2 hours for the gasket (Loctite the butterfly screws also) and 1/2 hour for the mounts. Notice a little vibration at idle but not bad.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
CLSentra said:
I ended up having AEBS Racing do the Hondata Gasket and the ES Motor mount inserts. Took about 2 1/2 hours for the gasket (Loctite the butterfly screws also) and 1/2 hour for the mounts. Notice a little vibration at idle but not bad.
You suck! I wish I had AEBS near by...then I could go outside their place with a sign saying "HEADER"

Sweetness tho...the vibration with the ES will decrease over time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry to bring up a dead thead but they claim 5% more power is it noticable power? in theory it sounds like it makes sence any feedback on people that installed this before and after?

-Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have only heard positive feedback from people who live in the southwest, like myself. I don't have one personally. A lot of people have wrote that it is a good way to pitch your money away. And the few people who say they like it, say that if there are any gains, they are minimal.

Another drawback to this is if you get the gasket, you have to extend the holes on your throttlebody a little lower cause the spacing is going to be off. That doesn't make it fun to put on, in my opinion. But if you are having a shop do it, they got the tools and know-how to do it right, hopefully.

·