Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, hello all; glad to have found this place. Is anyone using this system? I'm currently researching one for my '97 Sentra GXE. Tomorrow I'm going to use a POT to see if I can stall the car by manipulating the voltage signal from the MAF sensor.

If I can, then HOD should be a worthwhile endeavor; though the O2 sensors might give me some trouble as well, but hopefully I'll be able to manipulate the signal from them as well. If anyone has any advice or suggestions please feel free to hook a brotha up!

thnx

·
Registered
313 Posts
No not using it but I am very interested in doing so. Are you going to try it? if so please let me know how you make out I have heard that this increases your mileage quite a bit??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No not using it but I am very interested in doing so. Are you going to try it? if so please let me know how you make out I have heard that this increases your mileage quite a bit??
I sure will. I'm going to Les Schwab today to get a my tires rotated and balanced, but the real purpose is to get a $20 Diagnosis; besides new struts, the front end needs work, maybe. The ride gets rough only at hwy speed, so I'm hoping it's only balancing and/or cupped tires. If that's the deal then I'll have it on and working fairly soon I think. Otherwise I'll fix the front end so I get a true mpg baseline.

Either way I'll start gathering components and begin preliminary assembly today.

As far as mileage increases go, the most I've heard (that I believe) on a post '95 vehicle with OBD II, is around 20% (see videos by 'originalunclenemo' on youtube if you haven't already), but with gas at $4.39 reg in my neck of the woods even a 10% savings would be worth while for the 1-2 hundred I'll potentially have to invest. I'm hoping for 30% however.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Absalutly Bud any increase is a good increase! I have heard a lot of guy's talk of this but have never gone this way because of the diesel that I drive. Times change and I am all for it!! Let's here what you got and I will follow your lead!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, front end is good, got new tires and new struts and mounts are on the way. I've gathered all the components and begun assembly. Hope to have some pictures up tomorrow.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'll be watching for the info! I spent the day working on my Sentra and the person who owned this car before me let the valve cover get so loose that there was oil pumping all over the engine compartment and there is more grime and sandy oil than I have ever seen! Unbelievable. She didn't notice all the Oil! Anyway I replaced my worn out chain tensioner and all is well I also tuned it up and cleaned all the gunk out of the throttle body throat man I have never seen anything this bad! This car was driven and nothing else was done at all the plug's were so bad that there were barley any electrodes left!!! Keep me posted I am eager to try this.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the Cell:

Post Air filter injection:

Intake manifold injection:

Here is a small clip of the gas production: (starts off showing no production, then production without the engine running, and finally production with the engine running.YouTube - Cell2

So far I definitely have a 6mpg improvment, I'll have a better picture when I go through a tank or two.

·
Certified Ghetto Mechanic
390 Posts
Interesting. Wonder how the car can properly adjust AFRs with Hydrogen in the mix? I also do not understand how you can get energy from doing this. it takes more energy to make the hydrogen so...what gives?

I wonder, do you work for a company that sellls these kits?

D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. Wonder how the car can properly adjust AFRs with Hydrogen in the mix? I also do not understand how you can get energy from doing this. it takes more energy to make the hydrogen so...what gives?

I wonder, do you work for a company that sellls these kits?

D
The energy is generated from the alternator and the car runs smooth as silk. I work for an online pet store and I made this with plans I got from the internet. It isn't making pure hydrogen, instead HHO (hydrogen hydrogen oxygen), aka browns gas is being made.

To get more substantial gains I think I will have to manipulate the voltage being sent to the ECU from the MAF and 02 sensors.

Also my test last night may have been erroneous as I found the fuse blown this morning. No telling how long I was running with/without HOD, yet I still had a 6 mpg increase.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The energy is generated from the alternator and the car runs smooth as silk. I work for an online pet store and I made this with plans I got from the internet. It isn't making pure hydrogen, instead HHO (hydrogen hydrogen oxygen), aka browns gas is being made.

To get more substantial gains I think I will have to manipulate the voltage being sent to the ECU from the MAF and 02 sensors.

Also my test last night may have been erroneous as I found the fuse blown this morning. No telling how long I was running with/without HOD, yet I still had a 6 mpg increase.
wouldn't you be running on gas then? I am interesting in doing this, but can't see 6mpg be worth the effort. What about exhaust rust? What do you do for freeze up in the winter? Doesn't this just make the computer think it's running lean, therefore less fuel is sent to the injectors?

Jason

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am definitely jumping in on this, as soon as I have the time to invest in the construction of the vessel. What you see here Jason is just the tip of the Ice Berg IMHO. I think that this fellow has the beginning of how it works but from my short investigation into how things work and how the system can help MPG's there is potential. I think that Trinny needs to do more accurate studies because from what I am reading the boost in mpgs is not very significant with small cells such as his. That being said I congratulate him on the fact that he was willing to ride this out until it came to fruition. I am going out on a medical disability for around five months shortly to have a total knee replacement. And in this time I expect to accomplish several things and one of them is to have a Browns gas Aka Hydrogen Boost in place on all of my vehicles. Cudos to you young man for giving it heck and coming up with better mpg's with little more than what you have read!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am definitely jumping in on this, as soon as I have the time to invest in the construction of the vessel. What you see here Jason is just the tip of the Ice Berg IMHO. I think that this fellow has the beginning of how it works but from my short investigation into how things work and how the system can help MPG's there is potential. I think that Trinny needs to do more accurate studies because from what I am reading the boost in mpgs is not very significant with small cells such as his. That being said I congratulate him on the fact that he was willing to ride this out until it came to fruition. I am going out on a medical disability for around five months shortly to have a total knee replacement. And in this time I expect to accomplish several things and one of them is to have a Browns gas Aka Hydrogen Boost in place on all of my vehicles. Cudos to you young man for giving it heck and coming up with better mpg's with little more than what you have read!!
Keep me informed on your results.

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, Thats some good work, did you get any good results?

I just added a booster to my nissan. I will be testing soon :).

Check out this site. There is a vehicle database where you people have their vehicles listed and the MPG gain they got...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Trini have you gtried to figure out what the production volume of your cell is? How many amps does it draw? I am in the process of designing a large Cell and I would like to run at least 1.5 lph. But I really don't know what will work best on an engine of this size? Have you tried to calc your MPG gains? I was thinking of a series type cell in the trunk but I will also have to do some sort of ventilation... Did you actually feel an increase in power?? How does it run? I have been doing a lot of reading about people having to use devices on the MAF sensor? Did you have to make any changes??

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
You can do a dyno runs before and after or off and on and get WBHP and fuel consumption.
wheres the independent data that this works? other than hearsay?
Well 1.6 liters at say 3000 rpm will intake 288,000 liters an hour, do you really think 1.5l an hour will affect anything?
Other than be a drag on the alternator and engine do you really expect this to do anything ?
A leak would give you better improvement by leaning everything out a bit without the drag!!
there have been all kinds of magic fuel economy gadgets over the years and NONE of them have ever been proven to work, only thing that worked was people spent their hard earned money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
there have been all kinds of magic fuel economy gadgets over the years and NONE of them have ever been proven to work, only thing that worked was people spent their hard earned money.
The only difference is that this technology has been researched and shown to work. Unlike a 'magic pill' that you stick in your tank or something.

If you want to do some reading, here is some stuff for you:
A file from NASA: NASA hydrogen fuel study file | Aquauto

A collection of research: Hydrogen Combustion speed research | Aquauto

"Performance and Fuel Consumption Estimation of a
hydrogen enriched gasoline engine at part-load operation" by Fontana,
Galloni, Jannelli, Minutillo of the Dept of Industrial Engineering
University of Cassino, SAE # 2002-01-2196

"Lean Air-Fuel Mixtures
Supplemented with hydrogen for spark ignition engines: A possible way
to reduce specific fuel consumption?" by R. Gentili, Int'l Journal of
Hydrogen Energy, vol. 10, pp 491-495, 1985

Also, these guys Hydroxy Gas have done some dyno tests.... check them out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did anyone get this to work?

Did you have to trick your 02 sensor?

another question. how do you know how much HHO to add to your intake? i guess you listen to your engine. If it pings...turn it down>>???

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
the fact remains you are using electricity to make hydogen by using the alternator which you then burn.
sounds like a perpetual motion machine to me. And we know these give you free energy dont we !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
This didn't answer my question at all. The fact remains that my 91 Sentra is a perfect candidate for HHO. Reason being - low emissions.

let me know if any one has had any success with this. and any suggestions on installation.

thanks
Paul

1 - 19 of 19 Posts