Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Evil Moderator
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vendors that give HNE members discounts – See the relevant page for details.
You must show the HNE business card, and soon your HNE membership card to receive the discounts.

Tom Peacock Nissan – page 1
Robbins Nissan – page 1
NTB, National Tire & Battery – page 1

Tom Peacock Nissan, 15300 North Freeway (I45N), Houston, TX 77090
Contact – Ken Sanders, parts consultant, direct phone 281/230-4365
Backup Contact – Pat David, parts consultant, direct phone 281/230-4367
Main Switchboard – 281/821-4000

The following includes all Nissan replacement parts as well as all NISMO parts.
All parts and accessories are discounted at least 15% off list prices. This applies only to the items that do not have much profit margin to work with-mainly clothing accessories, stickers, key chains, and such other accessories. The discount on all other parts will be 25% off list prices. The discount is available to HNE members only, and you must ask for Ken Sanders or Pat David in the parts department. The discount is already programmed in their computer system, showing HNE as a wholesale customer.

Robbins Nissan, 18711 Eastex Freeway (59N), Humble, TX 77338
Contact – Any of the three people working the parts counter, phone 281/446-3181
Backup Contact – Ron Perkins, parts manager, phone 281/446-3181

The following includes all Nissan replacement parts as well as all NISMO parts.
All parts and accessories are discounted at least 15% off list prices. This applies only to the items that do not have much profit margin to work with-mainly clothing accessories, stickers, key chains, and such other accessories. The discount on all other parts will be 25% off list prices. The discount is available to HNE members only. The discount is already programmed in their computer system, showing Z Club members/HNE as a wholesale customer.

NTB – National Tire & Battery, NTB #2753-Steeplechase, 12150 F.M. 1960 Rd. West, Houston, TX 77065
Contact – any service advisor or the store manager, phone 281/477-8710

I made two visits to NTB concerning the discount program that we started this last fall. We discussed what would work, what would not, etc. What we have now is a lot simpler for everyone, but not necessarily better $$$ wise in all instances. Here's the details.

I have a stack of NTB/Tire Kingdom/Merchant's "VIP - Discount Membership Club" cards, for distribution to HNE and Z Club of Houston members. These cards entitle the holder to 10% off the posted price of all tires that they handle(including special orders) plus all tire services. Tire sevices are mounting/balancing/road hazard packages. The discount is good at ALL their stores, not just the Steeplechase store as before. If our discounted price is still higher than Discount Tire, they will match that price - they must be able to verify the price with a phone call to who ever quoted you a price. Get the quote for just the bare tire, without balancing, valve stems, etc., so the prices are comparable "apples to apples". The previous arrangement of 10% lower than TireRack is not longer in effect.

So, basically we get the lower of matching Discount Tire's pricing or 10% off of NTB's posted prices. So the worst you can do is a matched price. Plus after just having a set of tires I bought of EBay mounted, NTB will mount/balance tires you buy from anywhere. I've had Discount refuse to mount tires bought from TireRack.

Also, even the $16 mount/balance/valve stem package from NTB includes free rotation, free flat repair, and a prorated road hazard warranty. If you want 100% replacement in the first year, and then prorated for the remaining life of the tire, Z rated tires are $30 each. Most of us wear out Z rated every year anyway, so its like having 100% road hazard protection for $14 per tire ($30 for full package less $16 for the prorated package). For this same $30 package, Discount charged me $16 per tire to mount the Michelin's on my Volk's, and then wanted an extra $43 per tire for their "certificates", which is road hazard protection. This was back in 10/03, before this deal with NTB was started.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.