Nissan Forum banner

HKS cat-back

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Teknokid 
G
#1 ·
Hey I have an HKS cat-back exhaust and I love it. I've read alot of the post on here and it seems like nobody else has one. I'm not the only one am I? If you do have one do you know how much hp is gained. If you don't have one and your looking to buy an exhaust I highly recommend this one.

G
#8 ·
It is legal. As a matter of fact put in cause my stock exhaust was rusted and had holes. The next day went and passed emissions with no problem. It sounds good. Think it would be lounder if I put my header(its out because the gaskets suck) back on. I don't really like it loud anyway. Sleeper style.

#10 ·
yup

yup, 60mm is too big for a naturally aspirated GA16DE. You still could go with the Greddy SP cat back exhaust. It is 50mm which is approx 2.0 inches which is perfect for our Sentra 1.6 Liter GA16DEs. Why a lot of people say it wont fit is beyond me.......it will fit because I have one and it fits perfectly. Also go to Greddys website.......look under Nissan and it will say SE....meaning 1.6 and/SE-R......meaning 2.0 it is applicable to BOTH. Ladies and gentlemen the myth now is over.......Greddys SP Exhaust will fit both. I hope this helps all Peace out! (of course if you decide to go with another choice....more power to you dude) Peace!

G
#11 ·
60mm is only alittle bit over 2". I think both the Greddy and HKS systems are about the same. At first I wanted a Greddy system. But I saw the HKS was $100 cheaper. So I went with that. All I know for sure is that I beats the shit out of Pacesetter.

#12 ·
The mid-pipe on the b13 HKS cat-back is 55mm, the rear section is 60mm so i guess it would work ok on the GA16DE. It's a nice sounding exhaust not too loud and looks almost stock, my bro has it on his 91 se-r. I still like my GReddy better:D ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.