Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was under the hood working and as i made one of the endless number of trips from the car to the tool chest and beck i noticed that my right quarter panel didn't meet up with the bumper just right. i didn't think much about it and went on with what i was doing, but after a while it got to buggin me so i took a step back and looked at the left side then the right and back and forth for a min. once i realized that someone hit my baby and then boogied out, needless to say, i was pretty pissed. i went to get an estimate from a collision shop and they said $1008 and 22 pennies. after i regained my balance after that staggering estimate i said fuck that i'll do it myself.

the point: does anyone know where i can get a front bumper (stock n/a) and a right quarter panel for cheap. i check ebay and supplies were limited.

thanks
flip

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
I understand your frustration but please watch the language. This section is G-rated. :)

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
flipend47 said:
last night i was under the hood working and as i made one of the endless number of trips from the car to the tool chest and beck i noticed that my right quarter panel didn't meet up with the bumper just right. i didn't think much about it and went on with what i was doing, but after a while it got to buggin me so i took a step back and looked at the left side then the right and back and forth for a min. once i realized that someone hit my baby and then boogied out, needless to say, i was pretty pissed. i went to get an estimate from a collision shop and they said $1008 and 22 pennies. after i regained my balance after that staggering estimate i said fuck that i'll do it myself.

the point: does anyone know where i can get a front bumper (stock n/a) and a right quarter panel for cheap. i check ebay and supplies were limited.

thanks
flip
Sorry about that the accident. Do you have a pic of it? I think we can tell if the price you are going to pay is right. Also you might want to call the junk yards and see if they have your parts?

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Obviously didn't hit it that hard if you took a while to notice it, and then had to compare the 2 sides. Should be a pretty cheap fix, but body shops seem to have a minimum $1000 charge on everything they do...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
you can always go to ebay and get a new bumper and panel thats what i did but it just might be the tabs broken on your bumper and thats an easy fix

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went to a collision shop to get my Z painted and it had no body damage I just wanted to change the color and they told me $3,000.00 just to change the color watch those shops

1 - 6 of 6 Posts