Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the embarrassing knocking that my car is now making, I noticed that for a while, my car will make a short hissing sound followed by a slight pull. I'm crying thinking that I have to do some major work on my car. Meineke really stuck in to me with the price (don't ever go there!) and didn't even do a good job. I had a "new" rack and pinion placed and ever since then... well, you know how it goes when you don't know jack about cars/parts.
Can anybody give me a clue as to what's going on and how it could have gotten to that point?

Thanks,
Erica

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
hissing...and pulling?

that sounds like a transmission problem but i'm no expert. i take it you're no longer under warranty either. get it looked at by a reputable mechanic or a nissan dealer in your area. i'm with ya, though. i don't trust mechanics any further than i can throw 'em.

but, there are some good ones out there, though. you just gotta look a little hard...

by the way, what's your tranny -- an automatic or manual?

if, indeed, it is your transmission that's acting up and you own an automatic, i'd recommend purchasing a performance transmission system from level 10 (if the problem can't be fixed and fixed right for under $3,500). they're a bit pricey but it's better than throwing your money at the jiffy lubes of transmission repairers. i hear level 10 performance transmission systems are "bulletproof" and one of the best all around investments you can make in your car.

just my two cents...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts