Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started hearing hissing noises in the cabin a few weeks ago and was wondering if anyone can help me solve this problem. At first i thought it was from the CAI because of the cold weather and also the noise responses to throttle but upon closer inspection i found that the noise was coming from my driver side speaker. Anyone have any idea why my speakers are doing this and why does the noise get worse when i hit the gas??? Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I check the wire in my headunit and everything seems to be in place. Changed out the speaker and the hissing noise is still there. All four speakers are power by a Alpine amp and the ground for the amp seems good, paint was sanded out. So any other ideas why this is happening. Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Jay said:
I check the wire in my headunit and everything seems to be in place. Changed out the speaker and the hissing noise is still there. All four speakers are power by a Alpine amp and the ground for the amp seems good, paint was sanded out. So any other ideas why this is happening. Thanks
Get better ignition wires. I had this same problem with my
Honda, and when I put the Magnacor's in, radio reception is
PERFECT!; (didn't really improve anything else, as they claim,
but they're a "purdy red color", and my radio's "rockin'" :D.
"Stock" wires are fine too, IMO, if you haven't changed them
out in like...forever?!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Your RCA wires are probably real close to the ECU. ECU will make lots of engine noise.

·
Registered
393 Posts
if its your rca cords, i would get some nice monster cable twisted pair. thats what i use, and have never had a problem w/ engine noise (im running them to a sub, so im not sure how much engine noise could be heard anyway) at least use some good wires, if youre not planning on spending the money on monster.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Replacing the speaker won't work Jay, as you already seen.
1.) a ground issue (could've been knocked loose, etc.)
2.) speaker wires are too close to power wires
3.) RCA are too close to power wires
4.) ground cable too long
5.) it could be the plug wires also since it just started happening, they are going bad, or insulation is coming off, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts