Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal for there to be a hissing sound coming from the exhaust system? at least, thats what it sounds like, and its not from the muffler... if i listen to the underside of the car, like by the driver's door or whatever... it sounds like a hissing. i dont think i have any leaks, but does everyone else's car sound like that?

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
Your cat

Its probably a hole your cat converter. Do you lose alot of pick up after a complete stop? It doesnt always have that problem when you have a hole, but sometimes you lose pickup when you do have a hole. It could also be your intake and you dont notice that since you are listening to hard to the exhaust.

·
Banned
809 Posts
unless he is in cali, its ur resonator.. if it were his cat it would make a grinding noise.. but, if its his resonator, it would just be a little louder.. just a tad..

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah, my stock res. did that before I took it out and put in a straight pipe. I hated that sound, and mine was a pretty bad little leak. It was fixed by a straight pipe, now it's fixed by my exhaust. I hated that noise. So my guess is it's your resonator.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, i think im rough on cars, cuz i made my turbovan do sound like that too. ;) ohwell... when i can afford it im gonna get HS headers, and straight pipes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts