Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a B14 200sx SER and got a JDM motor through JGYcustoms. They told him that he should get the high port motor when he order since he previously had a stock low port sr20. Is this true? Don't sound right to me. Would you have issues considering ecu and sensors? He has a post in the N/A section because it won't run. N/A Section Thread Can someone shed some light on this?

Mitch

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I would see why he couldn't do that.
He is probably going to need a new ecu because the two engines are programed differently due to a few things like the intake distance, fuel map and other details. I would think that switching to the highport would be possible but the car might throw a check engine code due to the different emmisions.
Also, I don't know if there is a problem with OBDI vs. OBDII

·