Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Again, does anyone know if the HIGH PORT intake
is better than the older low ports used on the early 90's
se-r's and G20's? BETTER or it DOESN'T MATTER?
:thumbup: ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Coobcio said:
The SR20De engine have 240/6mm
The Sr20DE engine have 248/6,3mm (High Port)
The De has 131HP and the DE 150HP but the DE is high and low port depends of the year of make.

Can you please explain what are you talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Europen Engine From 1991 to 96:
SR20De - LOW PORT 130Hp - CAMS: intake 240/6mm>>Exhaust 240/6mm
Sr20DE - Hihg Port 150Hp (Red Top. rev limiter at 7500 and speed mater at 240km/h) - CAMS: intake 248/6,3mm>>Exhaust 240/6mm

Europen Engine from 1996 >>
All have low port but the SR20DE is called SR20DEH (black top, roller follower) - CAMS: intake 240/6mm>>Exhaust 232/5,7mm

SORRY BUT ME ENGILISH IS VERYY POOR :)
 

·
Super-Mod with a 240
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
A-ball said:
So, Again, does anyone know if the HIGH PORT intake
is better than the older low ports used on the early 90's
se-r's and G20's? BETTER or it DOESN'T MATTER?
:thumbup: ?


What do you mean when you say intake? That should've been the first question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen the throttle body up high in the back right at the same
level as the fuel rail. I have the throttle body below the fuel rail.
Its a '91 SE-R. I think the newer G20s or Primeras have the throttle body
at the top. Is that design the HighPort?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
A-ball said:
I've seen the throttle body up high in the back right at the same
level as the fuel rail. I have the throttle body below the fuel rail.
Its a '91 SE-R. I think the newer G20s or Primeras have the throttle body
at the top. Is that design the HighPort?
No thats a low port. the 91-93's have the high port with the throttle body down low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Coobcio said:
Europen Engine From 1991 to 96:
SR20De - LOW PORT 130Hp - CAMS: intake 240/6mm>>Exhaust 240/6mm
Sr20DE - Hihg Port 150Hp (Red Top. rev limiter at 7500 and speed mater at 240km/h) - CAMS: intake 248/6,3mm>>Exhaust 240/6mm

Europen Engine from 1996 >>
All have low port but the SR20DE is called SR20DEH (black top, roller follower) - CAMS: intake 240/6mm>>Exhaust 232/5,7mm

SORRY BUT ME ENGILISH IS VERYY POOR :)

Ah now i see. :) You were talking about cams. I tought that you talking about the intake so the numbers made no sense to me.

The from year for the DE is 1990. I have one 90 and one 93 both read top UKDM SR20DE's with 10:1 and sodium cooled exhaust valves ( high port ) and a 90 SR20Di (TBi 115HP(121HP without cat and O2)). And according to AutoData the 140HP DE starting year is 99
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
IMHO: I would say that the low port intake manyfold is better. It has longer runners an better jet position. So it is able to make the same power with a milder cam and worser head desing. The intake ports of the high port look much better to me. (Straight desing = more power in high revs.)

But what's the deal about it? I see no easy way to interchange them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. That makes more sense. Thanks. Sorry, I'm new to the whole
SR20 setup. Good stuff but Theres alot within the SR20 setup.
Meaning they have variations on the SR20 that I'm still getting used to.
So far: SR20DE, SR20DET, SR20VE, SR20VET, and now a DEH? Never
heard of that one. Is that a carb. driven engine? I have seen a carb.
version.

?One more Question. SR20DE stands for what? I know the 20 is the size
(2.0 Lit.) but whats the SR and the DE stand for? The only one I know is the
RB26 for Race Bred 2.6 litre.
Cheers. :thumbup:
 

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
Joined
·
508 Posts
Looking for this info myself, (what is the difference/benifits/downfalls of low port vs. high port intake runners) also, were there low port and high port intake runners for the GA16? But if you haven't found the info to your last Q:

SR - Engine family code(?)

20 - displacement

D - Dual Overhead Cams

E - Multi Port Fuel Injection

T - Turbo
SR20DE(T)

Like I've got 1 SR20DE powered sentra, and 1 GA16i powered sentra.

i - Throttle Body Injection
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top