Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I searched the web and found high idling problems are common with a few of us V owners. However, after trying different things that others have tried to fix thier problem...I was getting nowhere. So I took it to the dealership and they finally diagnose the idle problem to be linked to my power steering unit. They determined this by detaching/attaching things and finally figured it out...called Nissan Motors to inquire about this problem and Nissan had never encountered this problem. Nissan USA told them to try changing out PS controller to see if that fixes the problem. Only down side is my warranty is over and so I must pay for this. Has anyone else had this issue?

One other thing I'm here in CA, will a Header w/o precat cause me to fail my smog check?

·
And justice for All!!!
575 Posts
The only thing related to idle and powersteering that I've ever noticed is, when turning the wheel with the car in a stopped position and in neutral, the RMP will rise ~ 200-300.....but that's occured with every car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vector03 said:
The only thing related to idle and powersteering that I've ever noticed is, when turning the wheel with the car in a stopped position and in neutral, the RMP will rise ~ 200-300.....but that's occured with every car I've ever owned.
Yeah that's what I've experienced in the past, with different cars, before as well. The dealer has diconected the power steering switch to determine that it was the culprit to the problem. I guess I should mention that my car is idling at 1200 at a stand still after warming up. And when I push the clutch in it sits in the 2000-1500 rpm area for a few seconds.

I thought I was going to have the car repaired sometime this week, but they forgot to order the part. So now I have to wait. No word yet on wether or not Nissan USA will cover the costs.

·
And justice for All!!!
575 Posts
6speedSER said:
Yeah that's what I've experienced in the past, with different cars, before as well. The dealer has diconected the power steering switch to determine that it was the culprit to the problem. I guess I should mention that my car is idling at 1200 at a stand still after warming up. And when I push the clutch in it sits in the 2000-1500 rpm area for a few seconds.

I thought I was going to have the car repaired sometime this week, but they forgot to order the part. So now I have to wait. No word yet on wether or not Nissan USA will cover the costs.

Yeah that idle is high....and what's up with it going up when you put the clutch in :confused:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
6speedSER said:

Are you modded and did you Loctite the butterfly screws? If so (and probably if not also), you should do an ECU relearn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts