Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the highest compression ratio someone has run in the KA24DE? I'm getting a lot of machine work done with some race cams from Crower and I'm looking into a set of custom Paeco pistons in 14:1 compression (or maybe more if possible) and I'd like to know how high of a C/R someone has run in an all-motor KA

Thanks,
-TP

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you don't get many responses to this don't be suprised. Not trying to be a dick at all, but most people end up boosting the KA or swapping it out, because it's a cheaper alteranitve to all motor. Now I personally think all motor rules (I just can't afford it). The way I see it, is if you build your motor right (bottom and top end) you could probably go 14:1 no problem, you just have to build it right...anything's possible w/ the $$...Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plan on building the bottom end (forged pistons/con rods/lightweight crankshaft/etc.) then having some 'spiffy' machine work done on the head (ill get into detail a little later on that) but i just want to make as much N/A power as possible, i think it would be awesome to take a route that doesnt include turbo or motor swaps, because i dont need 400 HP (unless i can achieve it without FI :D ) but thanks for the support, ill keep everyone posted on the progress...and any suggestions or advice would be well appreciated

-TP

·
One Wheel Drive
142 Posts
skarpenz said:
I'm getting a lot of machine work done with some race cams from Crower and I'm looking into a set of custom Paeco pistons in 14:1 compression (or maybe more if possible)
I dont know much about KA's in terms of going all motor, but, I can tell you that what you mentioned above would not be streetable. 11 or 12 to 1 for daily driving is probably where youd want to stop.

·
Registered
405 Posts
skarpenz said:
why do you say that?
Once u start going above 12:1 i believe race gas is a must i guy i know build a 13:1 vw 4 cyc with a super huge cam and carbs. It was for the track only and race gas 100 octance i believe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well....couldnt i just run 93 octane with STP octane boost or something? i mean, 14:1 may be a bit high, but i dont see a problem with it in a 13:1 compression engine

·
Registered
405 Posts
skarpenz said:
well....couldnt i just run 93 octane with STP octane boost or something? i mean, 14:1 may be a bit high, but i dont see a problem with it in a 13:1 compression engine
I bet it will still ping and might effect timing and knock sensor and will not be very streetable. I would look into this alot more before ever thinking it.

·
One Wheel Drive
142 Posts
zlr101 said:
I bet it will still ping and might effect timing and knock sensor and will not be very streetable. I would look into this alot more before ever thinking it.
I totally agree.

I hate using the "H" word for a comparison, but, Honda's DOHC VTEC's can barely remain streetable with 12 to 1 comp....especially in hot climates. So you better have deep pockets if you plan on going super high comp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts