Nissan Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
chumit the hid conversion for the h3 bulb would be a waste of your money.

i say do the retrofit with a projector and spend a little extra money for better output and better performance.

the difference would be a huge difference.

Liuspeed HID NIght Shots

here are my night shots.

the single projector cut off like is the pic above this is a Huge difference compared to slapping a H3 HID kit into the housing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok I saw your cardomain project. What exactly is a retrofit??? and how did you do it to fit the whole projectors in the headlights???? did you cut open the headlights. I wanted to see if you had any specific pictures of the job you did to the headlights to make it fit the projectors. So i saw you placed some valeos projectors but....do you need to use also shrouds or something like that ???????????? what are they for??? The valeos seem to ocupy alot of space :S please tell me because I am interested in converting mine too.
Thanks!

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
chumit,

you had to open the headlights and cut open the space and jb weld it etc etc etc..
it an extensive project.

if you have messenger of any sort let me know and ill try to explain more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum - I just purchased a pair of TSX projectors off of Ebay however they were not exactly identical but extremely similar in shape and size. In one of them, the cut-off sheild is removable and the other is not. The other difference is that one has a clear lense and the other has a somewhat of ribbed lense. My question is when I do my retro-fit will I actually see a difference between them?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yes you will see the difference the TSX projectors dont have a ribbed lense it clear. and whoever you bought them off of send them back and get your money back cuz that isnt the correct pair.

the light output and the cut off line will be different between the 2 projectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright thanks. I'm working something out with seller now but it looks like i'm gonna lose out on the shipping costs... This was the auction off ebay and the projectors did look like the ones in your post- I don't understand how the seller didn't notice the lenses were completely different... Acura TSX projectors HALO NEW with NEW bulbs retrofit (190091898886) Hopefully I won't lose out too much... On that note anyone have TSX projectors for sale?

·
Registered
3 Posts
To All if anyone can help

I have a Pilot Conversion HID Kit 6000K I just wanted to test them out to make there was no shipping damage since they are plug and play. My first question is on the plug and plays do you still need to do a relay and my second questions is when I had the HID plugged in my lo beams put out the halogen light and I had to turn the HI beam on for the actual HID to turn on.... any reason for this and how this should be installed so the lo is hid and the hi is halogen??

Thanks!!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts