Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Very nice writeup. I am close to buying HIDs myself, and this is a good help. I'll definately be consulting this when it comes time to purchase. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,309 Posts

another great one from liu.

can a mod edit this link into his first post as well? i think this is the best link yet for the uninformed to read.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
yea my glare is that bad unfortunately... but hey 1/2 a year and no problem with cops is fine by me.

only problem i get is SUV drivers flashing me on those sideway streets when nobody else is around.

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
jlee1469 said:
yea my glare is that bad unfortunately... but hey 1/2 a year and no problem with cops is fine by me.

only problem i get is SUV drivers flashing me on those sideway streets when nobody else is around.
SUV's flash you!? they have nerve. when suv's pull up behind me and they are lined up with my mirror, it shines right on my face. what i like to do is aim the mirror back at them (if its a long traffic light) and blind them :thumbup: they hate that. but thats what they get for having lights that line up with every single mirror in my car!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any thing HID light is brighter than what car manufactures put out. I am currently running 12,000 K HID and they are bright, but i prefer the coloring. Now to go optimal with HID 5400-5800K is the best for viewing and driving. Halogen bulbs are just not bright enough but i've found that any HID set up is better and brighter. I've had several HID systems. I've had 6,000K, 8,000K, 10,000K and now 12,000K. Honestly i'd say the 6,000K is the whitest and the best overall but i like the purpleish look i currently have.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
2slowpro said:
Any thing HID light is brighter than what car manufactures put out. I am currently running 12,000 K HID and they are bright, but i prefer the coloring. Now to go optimal with HID 5400-5800K is the best for viewing and driving. Halogen bulbs are just not bright enough but i've found that any HID set up is better and brighter. I've had several HID systems. I've had 6,000K, 8,000K, 10,000K and now 12,000K. Honestly i'd say the 6,000K is the whitest and the best overall but i like the purpleish look i currently have.
you are correct on that statement.. the BEST optimal usage is the 4300 K , but if you like color with some usage 6000 K is plenty... anything up that you will just be seeing color and less OPTIMAL useage.. not saying that you wont see better than your halogens but the color can fatigue the eyes after long amounts of time viewing it such as long trips etc.

·
Registered
275 Posts
the 6,000k Seem to be the whitest i've seen yet. Anything beyond this is a color. I've had my 12K for almost a year now and they aren't fatiguing my eyes but i cant say that for everyone considering we are all different. I would honestly recommend the 6K to anyone who aquires HIDs. They have optimal viewing with out being a color other than white. I've traveled before w/ my 12k from Jacksonville,Fl to Miami,Fl which is a 5hr drive and i did it at night and i had great viewing but when i did this trip with my 6K a year back the viewing was quite brighting. The coloring does tint the bulb and reduce visibility but it isnt much

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
you say 6k is whiter yes, this is true. but dont be mistaken, 4.5k is still brighter, but the lack of the blue color (aka "white") makes you think its dimmer. the 4.5K will perform better in fog too because of the lack of blue light.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
yea pete thats really weird i thought the same thing.

i have 5300k bulbs as well as 8000k, the latter seems brighter for some reason.

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
jlee1469 said:
yea pete thats really weird i thought the same thing.

i have 5300k bulbs as well as 8000k, the latter seems brighter for some reason.
placibo.........

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
not true.. it may seem brighter but in truth the bmw cars have 4300 K which has the most lumens

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
hey what bulbs do you have in the pathfinder i may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HELP
I'm sorry i'm new, do you recommend me to install a HID conversion kit on normal headlights?????? i have these JDM halo headlights for the nissan 200sx.......what if i buy HID conversion kit for the H3 bulbs???? what difference would it make????

21 - 40 of 51 Posts