Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,232 Posts
Hi Rob, All interested parties.

See this from the DfT website
Department for Transport - Aftermarket HID (Xenon) headlamps
I find this ruling very ambiguous and un-clear. They talk about the HID in general terms yet they're forgetting to clearly mention the type of HID bulbs being used. The issues they raise in their statement regarding glare and un-even light pattern was indeed present with the older type HID kits which use a dual core bulb technology, however this was long overcome with the introduction of a single bulb technology which uses the same bulb for Hi and Lo beam and the cut-off line is VERY precise with no glare whatsoever.

· XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,232 Posts
In Australia it is even more funny LOL :)

If you're a retailer selling HID, it is illegal for you to sell the HID kit and have it fitted to a brand new car that has NOT been registered yet (meaning a car at the dealers) but there is no problem whatsoever selling and fitting the exact HID kit to the same car AFTER it has been registered....Go figure! LOL :)

My take on all these useless rulings is to carry the original bulbs in the glovebox compartment and if for some wierd reason, I do get pulled over by some dreaming cop who has nothing else better to do than look at the headlights of the oncoming traffic, I will simply say, I am only testing this kit and here are the original bulbs ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.