Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight boys heres a toughy. i know hicas on the s13 or any 240sx for that matter is rare, so my question is this. i have a hicas button on my car that lights up when i push it, does this mean i have all wheel stearing or is it just a standard button they stuck in every 240 just to save money on production. anyway if you have nay info hit me up with some.

peace,
Milan

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
i havent seen a hicas light on my car, so im thinking you have hicas, but i could be wrong, i havent played with my car that much.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
It shouldn't light up if you touch it, it should be just a light that is either on or off. Light on means that HICAS is disabled due to low PS fluid or some problem somewhere else. Light off means everything is working properly. The only way that you would havea button in addition to the light is if someone installed it aftermarket to cut the HICAS. HICAS comes with ABS, so look for a goldish pump in front of the VIN plate in the engine bay. The pump means you have ABS which means you have HICAS.

·
Registered
319 Posts
kaptainkrollio said:
It shouldn't light up if you touch it, it should be just a light that is either on or off. Light on means that HICAS is disabled due to low PS fluid or some problem somewhere else. Light off means everything is working properly.
I bet some people wish it came with a button. I said screw it and ripped it all out. :)

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
2Fass240us said:
I bet some people wish it came with a button. I said screw it and ripped it all out. :)
Lol, my firend came up with this idea. "Wire it to a switch!" is his slogan. However, it might be a bit tricky to have a switch on a belt-driven subsystem. Well, to speak of it, some cars do have speed-variable power steering, and I have no clue how that works...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually after a closer inspection it isnt a button, its just a plate that looks like a button with a clear button light thing that says HICAS on it, but the light isnt on. im stoked if i have hicas, ill check it out at lunch and post it.

ps. could this be why i payed more for my car than most people do for their 240's?

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Mine's broken and I'm not going to fix it so I don't care. I heard though that you can wire a switch to the wires coming out of the PS reservior to turn HICAS on and off. When the switch is on, the computer will read low PS fluid and turn off HICAS.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
ExileinOblivion said:
actually after a closer inspection it isnt a button, its just a plate that looks like a button with a clear button light thing that says HICAS on it, but the light isnt on. im stoked if i have hicas, ill check it out at lunch and post it.

ps. could this be why i payed more for my car than most people do for their 240's?
Doubt it, most people wanting 240s want to drift and think HICAS impairs them in thier efforts.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
bII said:
Doubt it, most people wanting 240s want to drift and think HICAS impairs them in thier efforts.
HICAS does add to the value of the 240SX. It adds to the blue book value, and adds to what people will pay for the 240. I wish mine had HICAS.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Stiffer shocks/springs, thicker sways, and VLSD. Yup, I'm happy I got HICAS :thumbup:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
kaptainkrollio said:
Stiffer shocks/springs, thicker sways, and VLSD. Yup, I'm happy I got HICAS :thumbup:
VLSD is what matters. All in all, the 240SX with HICAS is a completely different trim. It's a way sportier and way better version of the 240SX. I'm jealous, although I'll have VLSD in a week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
turn the wheels hard and stop moving.. are the rears turned in? thats how id try to figure it out... and does it feel like ur back ends swings or turns with u... driving with HICAS for me was very noticabele at first, im not sure about you guys

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
HICAS only activates above 25mph...

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
I wonder how that works? I've never seen a HICAS pump, but I can't visualize how a belt driven pump would only activate above 25mph. I believe it of course, but I can't visualize it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
bridrive55 said:
I wonder how that works? I've never seen a HICAS pump, but I can't visualize how a belt driven pump would only activate above 25mph. I believe it of course, but I can't visualize it.
It's magic. Or electronics. Take your pick. :)

Supuh HICASS solenoid, G0!

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Hmm, from the pic I still can't infer how it works above 25mph only. My theory is that the pump only takes drive above 25mph. There must be an electic signal that actuates the pump, kind of like an A/C actuation. Nice HICAS rack though. 6.2 kg, hmm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aight guys i looked at the side of my car and it says super hicas on it. i turned my wheels and my rear ones havent turned at all. this could either be because it is broken or because it only activates above 25mp/h. i need finality to this!!!!! im looking at my car as i write this, where abouts is that golden treasure pump located. (dumb it down a notch cause i aint a mechanic obviously haha)

thanks alot

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i found the pump, looked at my manual and saw the ps cables for myself. i do indeed have the super hicas version of the 240!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the help

1 - 20 of 47 Posts