Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exact models and years came with the HICAS steering, and how is it setup?

do the rear wheels have their own steering linkage? does it work at low speed? High? how much does it turn? is it worth the extra weight (for a non drifter)?

What years and modles came with the HUD? does it really project on the windshield? How practicle is it? I can imagine that would get irritating...

·
Registered
76 Posts
The HUD (Head-Up Display) was an option on the SE coupes between '89 and '93. The S13 covers the '94, but that was a convertible-only year. I have the '92 convertible. My advice is not to get an SE coupe with the HUD because they wear out after so long. Only buy one if you are prepared to shell out the money to fix it. But that shouldn't be a problem if you own a 2001 BMW 540.
The Super HICAS system is not on my car, so I can't comment too much on it. It was a system that was supposed to increase handling capabilities. Some people on this forum have had complaints about it, so I'd avoid it if I were you. Every failed feature gets passed down to the older-car owners at one time or another, replaced by something better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts